We believe that the future success of our business is dependent on bringing sustainable practices into all elements of our operations. Our mission is to be one of the leading sustainable designer lifestyle brands through how we create our product, manage our operations and connect with our community and our stakeholders.
As part of the Corporate Responsibility program of our parent company PVH Corp., we have established three principles and 10 commitments that, together across the entire organization, we are working to achieve by 2020. This program embraces the core values and spirit of the Tommy Hilfiger brand: it is inclusive, focused on quality and inspires us to make our sustainability ambitions an integral part of our business, every single day.
CEO, Tommy Hilfiger and PVH Europe
The discussion in this section focuses on our own direct operations and those of our parent company, PVH Corp. While we do impose significant standards on our business partners, such as the PVH Corp. Shared Commitment code of conduct, the initiatives we talk about are our own and, generally, we do not address what our licensees, franchisees and other partners may be doing in regard to their operations.
• We aim to source 100% of our products at facilities that uphold workers’ rights
by measuring and facilitating social improvements at factories.
• Our parent company, PVH, first adopted its "A Shared Commitment" code of
conduct in 1991, committing itself to improving working conditions and workers'
rights in advance of the rest of the industry. PVH is a founding member of both
the Fair Labor Association and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in
• In 2015, the PVH Human Rights program was further enhanced to deepen our
impact in the communities in which we operate. In particular, we have:
- Expanded our capacity-building program to help empower suppliers and
improve the lives of the garment workers in our supply chain.
- Begun to act as the "lead brand" for the Accord on Fire and Building Safety
in all PVH factories, visiting all of our Bangladeshi suppliers with our local
assessors to encourage and monitor progress. Please have a look at the PVH
CR Report for more information on our human rights and corporate CR
program over 2015.
• Be a leading workplace that supports individuals’ development and growth, and
embraces diversity, entrepreneurship and collaboration to achieve excellence.
• In 2015, we rolled out PVH University on Demand worldwide. This digital
tool enables associates to learn anytime, anywhere and on any device.
• PVH has established an executive-sponsored inclusion and diversity council in
the US and has formed a women’s business resource group to foster women’s
• In 2014, PVH created the Global Leadership Program (GLP) in partnership
with The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. The GLP is a
structured executive development program designed to further foster strong
corporate leadership with a focus on team building, collaboration, innovation,
• Through our TommyCares program – which forms part of the broader PVH
Cares commitment to promote the interests of women and children – we aim
to build healthier communities by supporting and developing partnerships
with non-profit organizations.
• Since 1995, TommyCares has been developing and supporting philanthropic
partnerships worldwide, allowing us to make a positive impact in the
communities we live and work in on a global scale.
• Our TommyCares corporate volunteer program gives our associates in
North America and Europe an opportunity to actively give back in the
communities where we operate. In 2014, our Tommy Hilfiger associates
actively gave back through 3,200 community service hours.
• In 2015,TommyCares in Amsterdam – in joint venture with our company
restaurant People’s Place – partnered with local NGO BuurtBuik to make
food donations to its neighborhood center in the south of Amsterdam.
• Another highlight in 2015 was the Read for the Record event in New York,
where TommyCares North America hosted 90 children from the Hudson's
Guild neighborhood center to support high-quality learning and share the
love of reading.
For more on TommyCares see below.