About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The footwear & accessories division is the youngest division from Tommy Hilfiger Europe and has been implemented in 2009 after acquiring the footwear & accessories license from our former partner. The division is consisting at this point out of the following departments:
Operations: responsible for In and Outbound
Sourcing & Production: Supplier setup & control
Merchandising: Collection framework, complexity, positioning control & margin control.
Design Footwear: In liaison with agency in Italy.
Design Accessories: In house, based in Amsterdam.
Sales: Primary contact to all sales teams, presenting collections to all sales teams & key accounts, control of line plans to meet the sales needs, understanding of commercial trends & supporting the collections.
The general outlines of the position as Junior Designer Accessories is to:
- Be responsible for the design and development of the collection of Kid’s accessories ranges with guidance from the senior designer. The range currently includes, bags & SLGs and Soft Accessories
- Additional area of responsibility is to work with the Senior designer on the creation and development of the Men’s Soft Accessories range for Tommy Hilfiger
- Must be creative, fun with the Tommy Kids DNA
- Must also have commercial understanding
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare seasonal mood boards, color trends and research seasons particularly for their areas of responsibility.
- Prepare technical sketches and color ups in CAD packages as well as creating hand sketches.
- Follow up on the sending out of the Specification Sheets with the relevant Production teams
- Responsible for the organization of colour palettes & overviews of the collection
- Working with PLM to ensure that all designs are uploaded onto PLM each season
- Degree in Design
- Experience within accessory design, ideally at least 1 years experience. Experience in working with factories preferably Asia based.
- Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be able to draw in Illustrator. Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel for specification work. Hand sketching to be strong to convey ideas. Good understanding of constructions and materials including leather & different fabrics.
- Creative with fresh new ideas, with ability to combine creative with commercial restraints. Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons. High level of attention to detail needed for branded product. Excellent communication skills, fluency in English a must.
- Some travels required in Europe & Asia and to HQ in Amsterdam. Ability to work full time.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.