About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Creating a Tommy Hilfiger Accessories line that is relevant and commercially successful with a clear understanding of TH brand identity and vision and to meet various European and International market needs. The role will be working within women accessories design team, and working closely with product development and merchandising in creating the collection.
- Receive and execute corporate design brief from global creative director
- Understanding various European countries’ needs, consumer trends and its competitor landscape as the main market of the collection, while additionally having global view on international accessories competitor landscape to fulfil additional international market needs
- Translate corporate design brief and brand vision to actual product design and execution that suits European countries and International market needs
- Working in a team within women design accessories team and overall accessories team, to share and compliment ideas to create one solid collection together
- Together with ACC women design team, creating color cards, moodboards and other presentation materials for both internal design stages (sketch review, proto review), and presentation to sales (Line Adoption, Line Opening).
- Working closely with Product Development & Merchandising team, having the ability to communicate and work within existing process in timely and efficient manner to meet multiple deadlines
- Achieve final sample & product in the right execution together with Product Development, where regular visits to the source are mandatory
- Knowledge of leather and non-leather materials, general production techniques to understand supplier capacity and limitation to drive product execution.
- Achieve the right price value and margin target for each product as per commercial brief, together with Product Development & Merchandising
- Market and design research through store check, selected country visits, fairs, suppliers, meetings and own research.
- Presenting the line in positive and convincing way during key meetings in front of internal, sales and management
- Submitting design specification through PLM system as well as providing necessary content for other systems (ipad, sales memo, etc)
- Building relationship with other design divisions, sharing ideas for possible synergy (WSW and FW)
- Designing capsule collections for brand celebratory of the season
- Collaborating with TH Womenswear and TH Collection divisions on the Tommy Now runway collections.
- Fashion design degree, ideally in accessories design
- Minimum of 6-8 years of women accessories design work experience
- Expertise on Photoshop, Illustrator
- Fluent in English, excellent communication written and verbally
- Able to provide product direction and make product decision
- Strong team player, yet able to work independently when needed
- Able and flexible to travel overseas and work in multi-cultural environment
- Flexibility in work hours during peak design period
- Ability to work in hectic environment, to handle pressure, to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines yet able to provide high quality work result
- Embrace the hands on, active, dynamic, fun and fast pace work environment
- Open minded, positive attitude and problem solving mind-set
- Effective, reliable, and positive communication and interpersonal skills, during day to day, presentation and discussion