About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
You’ll be working with Marketing/PR teams (at all levels) and key stakeholders originating conceptual ideas, activating content, and ensuring delivery of all design assets to the highest standards. Guiding projects from initial concept stages to execution and market roll-out.
You’ll be a brand guardian, upholding the seasonal campaign direction, set by the external Agency, through all marketing activities. You’ll convey the brand vision and ensure the visual aesthetic and tone-of-voice are consistently communicated across all touch points.
The scope of work is varied and you’ll come with ideas that could live anywhere. Our work includes everything from digital content, email marketing and website design to retail promotions, 3-D window and in-store displays, fashion look book shoots including video and visual brand identity. We also work on internal communications, press kits, invites and events, special projects and corporate videos. We support B2B with creative content for trade shows/events and inspiring sales tools for our wholesale customers.
Digital marketing is an integral part of our daily work. You’ll bring a strong editorial sensibility to the nuts and bolts of online retail and an understanding of how the marriage of content and commerce applies to all channels, including social media.
For this role, you’ll be part mentor, part collaborator, part autonomous. With an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative approach, you’ll eloquently present creative ideas, navigate work and feedback through a complex approval process, and remain open to others’ ideas. You’ll enjoy mentoring others, sharing knowledge and best practices across the teams and strive to continually improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level. In short, you’re somebody even experienced Creative’s can learn from, and you’re open-minded to learn from others too.
You’ll be an advocate for the in-house Agency team, building relationships across the wider business and will work well with different personalities including partnering with Creative Director/s and presenting to stakeholders within the Business.
You’ll be adept at balancing – making sure creative goals and business needs are met, being respectful of budgets and meeting the almighty deadline.
This role is about making the impossible, possible.
The Day to Day
Be adaptable. There's no typical day.
- Develop ideas and own creative projects from start to end. Be responsible for the final creative output both on- and offline
- Keep things on-brand and in-line with the seasonal creative direction set by the external agency
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop seasonal initiatives that drive brand relevancy and support business objectives
- Guide creative projects from start to end. Participate in strategic discussion, fully understand the scope of work and deliver in-line with the brief
- Ideate concepts, brainstorm, pitch ideas, and innovate new approaches
- Concept commercial fashion shoots and PR look books (incl. video) consistent with the brand image. Art direct on-model fashion and still-life shoots. Ensure synergy in shoot art direction across all product categories
- Update Senior Art Director [or Creative Lead] as work progresses and take on board constructive feedback. Push good ideas further, to make them even better
- Review work briefed to Production Designers, Freelancers, external Agencies and other Creative’s supporting in the development of your creative projects
- Manage key relationships with external and internal contacts. Navigate creative approvals through key stakeholders, positively contribute to discussion and take projects to a global stage where appropriate
- Measure a project’s success beyond delivery. Work with Marketing teams to understand insights & performance data and how this affects future creative work
- Develop and maintain relationships with photographers, filmmakers, illustrators, designers and their agents. Partner with creative leads within the Department to ensure the strongest approach to external talent
- Ensure timely delivery of creative work. Partner with Operations to push through roadblocks and unexpected problems.
- Contribute to the positive team environment, including the overall vibe in the Agency. Strike the right team balance to produce great work and keep our standards high
- End responsible for your creative work that goes out of the Agency
- Must have a strong fashion aesthetic and proven creative experience, having worked for a fashion brand or agency, executing and delivering across all channels, especially digital/online.
- Good background knowledge of the Tommy Hilfiger customer and competitive brands.
- You’re a responsible team player, so please keep egos and tantrums at home.
- You’ll be good at juggling priorities and managing your time to achieve a balance of creativity and quality, whilst respecting timings and budgets.
- So, that calls for having a detailed eye with exceptional typography skills and creative flair to proactively offer innovative (but workable) creative solutions. You’ll combine your creativity with technical competency, accuracy and a faultless attention to detail.
- You’ll need solid experience in a fast-paced, high-traffic, creative studio.
- Shoot experience and the ability to direct talent is expected, along with competency with ALL Adobe Creative software and hands-on design skills.
- But just as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, strong communication, collaboration, with the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team.
- Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!