About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Hilfiger Denim is a fashion-forward lifestyle collection within the Tommy Hilfiger family, which has a focus on premium denim for men and women. The designs are inspired by American classics, finished with a modern edge and fresh spirit.
As Merchandise Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning and managing, along with the Design department, a 6-seasonal Tommy Hilfiger Denim collection for men and women, tailored towards the European market.
- Analyzing sales, forecasting and assortment planning throughout all areas of the Denim organization in Europe
- Working in collaboration with other relevant departments, such as Design, Production, Sourcing, Sales and Operations to ensure congruous processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production
- Managing seasonal collections through design and production to presentation at sales level
- Preparing and delivering presentations to the countries (adoption meetings, line openings, PSEMs etc.)
- Working closely with Merchandising, Production and Design in order to uphold a range plan with emphasis on price, product build-up and new trends
- Collecting feedback from the countries as to optimize the collections, whilst maintaining a balance between commerciality and trend
- Setting up all systems, including PLM
- Setting the seasonal planning and budgets with Merchandising Director
- Travelling (country visits, fairs, store-checks, occasionally vendors)
- Graduated at degree level or equivalent
- Working experience in fashion (preferably in a similar position)
- Strong networker; the ability to form effective working relationships with all key departments (Merchandising, Design, Production and Operations)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Awareness of market developments and trends
- Knowledge and skills in Excel
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strategic thinking, supportive of Tommy Hilfiger’s long-term business goals