About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Tommy Hilfiger Kids offers global premium lifestyle collections with a true American spirit. Within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, the design team fulfills a creative role. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: - Design - Sourcing and Production - Buying and Planning - Merchandise and Sales These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating collections which are timeless, preppy Americana with an unexpected twist. Tommy Hilfiger kids presents 4 collections per year; Spring, Summer/Pre Fall, Fall and Holiday/Pre Spring.
As a design assistent within the Kids design team, you will work closely with the Sr. designers & rest of the designers. You will support the Kids design team, under the guidance of the Sr. Designer. You will report to the Sr. Design Manager Kids. Among other you will be responsible for: - Support the Kids Design Team in designing - Input sketches and trims into the PLM system, CAD, technical garment work sheets, technical information required for vendors - Participate in building color and concept - Trend research - Attend fittings Support the Kids Design Team - Participate in building color and concept - Working to the divisional calendar to meet all deadlines - Work closely with Merchandising and Product Development teams - Develop an understanding of design process and design skills to a commercial level - Supporting on preparing presentations
- College degree in Fashion Design
- 1+ year of work experience (could be as an intern)
- Team player with a hands-on mentality
- Knows how to working under pressure and to deadlines
- Open-minded with a commercial and global design mindset
- A creative with an eye for detail
- Excellent knowledge of design programs such as Adobe creative suite, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Passion for details and preciseness
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with hands on mentality
- Good planning and organization skills
- Structured and focused mentality, but can still have fun!