About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Europe Retail Visual Merchandising Team is responsible for creating and communicating all the VM tools (Guidelines, Principles & Training) to our Tommy Hilfiger Retail, SIS and Outlet stores. Tools that will help provide a look and feel that represents the Brand and ensures that the stores are delivering a premium consumer experience through product presentation. This is supported by the collaboration with Window, Store Concept, Marketing and all Head Office department teams to ensure that the Retail VM strategy, the country and store needs are met.
Position Description and responsibilities
The VM Manager will report into the Senior VM Manager for Retail & Shop in Shop Europe. Main responsibilities will include managing the level of VM execution all country full price stores and SIS Europe. Managing a VM Coordinator, your team must deliver the following key objectives:
- Identify, influence and maintain the evolution of VM & product presentation, ensuring to deliver and meet Brand expectations.
- Manage the VM direction across all country full price stores and SIS through providing the inspiration, guidance and feedback to deliver a premium consumer experience.
- Advise/influence all VM Guideline content and support VM Guideline shoots.
- Build a strong working relationship with country VM Managers and VM teams through good collaboration, consistent communication and team motivation.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Amsterdam SIS team to deliver and meet VM expectations and drive the SIS business strategy
- Deliver regular country and store/SIS visits alongside relevant departments to align seasonal brand vision.
- Deliver VM Training workshops across each country depending on their specific needs.
- Work alongside the country VM Managers to support/Lead new or refitted store/SIS openings
- Work alongside Merchandising & Divisions to influence/support seasonal assortments, Line Opening and showroom set ups.
- Work alongside Store Concept to influence and identify concept needs & evolution and option count/capacities.
- Work alongside Store Development to influence new store/SIS layouts and Opening Packs.
- Participate in department and team projects as needed from both VM & Windows.
- 2-3 years of experience within a VM management role
- Good communication skills, command of English language (spoken & written)
- Good planning, organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Good knowledge of MS office & Adobe Suite software
- Ability to conceptualize ideas
- Building cross functional relationships and good collaboration skills
- ability to work in a team environment and a team player
- relevant experience, proven track record of results