About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Trim developer is responsible for the trim development from idea (created by design) until final product. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product.
Next side to this there is the sample inbound functionality, which is described here below.
- Responsible for trim development and delivery
- Sourcing new trims/finishes/shapes
- Advising design on these new developments
- Developing new trims from technical drawing/ original sample inspiration, which design hands over
- Commenting/advising suppliers on development
- Salesman Sample Forecasts
- Bulk forecasts
- Trim price negotiation
- Delivery & Minimum negotiation
- Administrate in seasonable trim file that is send out to all vendors on weekly/bi-weekly basis to keep everybody posted on price and approval status, but also to show product developers and design the options in trims possible to use per season.
- Set up seasonal general trim file
- Overview on testing of trims
- Keep track & chase suppliers for sample delivery info
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- PLM Centric: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information.
- Microsoft office
- Excellent Communication skills. Be able to drive conversations with: Vendors, Buying offices, Design and Development/Production.
- Education: higher textile education (Mr. Koetsier, Fashion and textile technology, TMO).
- Minimum 4-6 year working experience in development/sourcing/production.
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in the Netherlands
- Possesses a work permit for the European Community
- Full-time employment -- working hours 9.00AM till 6.00PM
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.