About the Company
PVH Corp. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH Europe PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015. Calvin Klein Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Creative Services Department is responsible for the interior design of the European showrooms (for PVH brands such as Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein), the seasonal (interior) concepts in support of markets as well as the design & delivery of PVH’s future headquarters, the Campus at Houthavens.
Additionally, Creative Services designs & supervises the delivery of ad-hoc architectural projects such as the roll out of People’s Place in store & digital showrooms.
The junior concept designer & Sourcing coordinator will report directly into the concept design manager assisting the team with the design, sourcing & execution of projects within the designated design brief, timeline & budget.
He/she will also be coordinating & assisting in the design of (seasonal) refits of satellite showrooms.
In short, the coordinator will be involved in the following:
- Supporting & assisting in the design & delivery of showrooms, offices and ad-hoc projects
- Visualize and render new designs
- Produce technical drawings – finished plans and bespoke furniture and fixture designs
- Produce FF&E and material proposals in support of design concepts
- Assist the project team in producing presentation materials and in coordinating FF&E designs with vendors and other resources; work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives;
- Assist the project team in sourcing, sampling and budgeting FF&E designs
- Assist the project team in documenting FF&E design on a variety of project types
- Assist the project team with selection, coordination, and documentation of interior architectural finishes, fixture, fittings and furniture
The Design Development & Sourcing coordinator reports into the Senior Manager but will also be working closely together / alongside the team on a project requirement basis.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in interior design, architecture or furniture design.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience coordinating/managing design projects in the field of interior/architectural design.
- Good knowledge of Design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Vectorworks)
- Experience in creating accurate and detailed technical drawings
- Experience in furniture and fixture design
- Knowledge of materials
- Must have a strong eye for detail and a natural sense of design / styling
- Open minded with a global design mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- A healthy understanding of invoicing, budgets & planning
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence and ability to multitask
- A hands-on attitude – no task is unturned (or too small)
- Understanding of the business
- Team player with a hands-on mentality
- Strong communication skills written & spoken in both Dutch & English
- A curious nature, keen on testing and learning
- Independent, quick thinker & solutions’ driven
- Ability to work in a large company and a fast-paced environment
- Used to working under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible/ adaptable in mindset & work methods
- Pro-activeness, enthusiasm & dedication