About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Fabric Assistant will participate in the end to end fabric development process, from initial sourcing through to bulk delivery.
- Reports into Fabric Manager
- Assisting in handling of daily issues in end to end fabric lifecycle
- Adhere to calendar, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on time for delivery at all stages of the process
- Supporting margin targets including transparency and reviewing of raw material costs at all stages of development & production ensuring all pricing and margin strategies are supported
- Mill collaboration in conjunction with Fabric Manager including allocation, cost & lead time negotiation, sample & bulk ordering, management & delivery
- Raw Material Management as directed by Fabric Manager including assisting in launching, tracking & ordering of all prototype & salesman sample yardgae in accordance with calendar and vendor requirements
- Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is sourced and delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements
- Risk Management Collaboration: Highlight, review and assist to resolve any product related risks during the development process
- Loading, Updating and maintaining of PLM system within category ensuring data integrity
- Maintain all tracking spreadsheets & departmental spreadsheets
- Maintain all departmental administrative tasks & duties including sending, tracking, and archiving of lab dips, etc.
- Internal lab dip management, including creating and maintaining departmental files
- Creation & maintenance of seasonal fabric archive
- Higher textile education
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Pro active & organized
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Italian speaking a plus
- Travel potentially required
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.