About the company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Brand Center of Excellence is responsible for concepting, executing, and implementing global brand and creative tools for use by designers and creative functions throughout the Company. The key deliverable is the Global Design Brief, which sets the direction of the brand and all product categories for design each season. Additionally, this team will begin to develop ongoing, non-seasonal branding tools, product design concepts and ongoing inspiration and creative design concepts throughout the year as a central service for the organization.
This team is comprised of individuals across various departments, including Global Creative Directors (Mens, Womens, Accessories and Denim), Research + Development, and Global Branding. The team serves as a central task force for setting the brand's Creative Direction on product design, ensuring one cohesive global story encompassing all product groups and appropriate for adoption by all regions globally.
This position is the critical lynchpin responsible to project manage the creative development and implementation process on deadline and across a complex network of participants. While the Brand C of E team itself is small, the position requires collaboration with other parts of the organization in order to deliver effective concepts including Product Divisions, Brand Merchandising and Marketing.
Leading skill set should be that of a strong integrated project manager, comfortable to support a highly creative team of individuals in delivering clear tools on time and in budget. As the main content is about product, an individual with knowledge of fashion and some experience working with product or design is highly valued.
Knowledge of integrated production is required, especially for the development of moving and still visual creative tools. An interest in new digital innovations as a way of presenting inspiring information is an added asset.
This individual will be responsible to project manage the development of the Global Design briefs and deliver it’s related assets on time. It requires a very process minded and organized individual who feels energized by working with more 'free flow' creative individuals and likes to add value to the creative process through structure and storytelling.
We are looking for an experienced, product-knowledgeable Integrated Project Manager, with minimum 8 years experience working within fashion or a creative communications environment.. You will report into VP, TH Global Advertisement & Branding.
Project Management - Brand Center of Excellence Tools
- Identifying the scope of each project, allocating resources and collaborating with extended team to realize projects from briefing through to final production, reconciliation and debrief.
- Ensure creative work and materials are produced and delivered on-time to the collection calendar, we are currently working to 4 main seasons per year
- Responsible & owning the critical path for deadlines, planning & budgeting, resources, calendars, keeping the team updated, projects progress and seeking to resolve issues before problems arise. Ensuring accuracy in final delivery
- Responsible for project budgets, estimating costs, raising purchase orders, handling invoice queries and final reconciliation
- Leading the implementation and roll-out of the final assets through multi-media best-in-industry standards with the focus on digital experiences
- Ability to multi-task and keep multiple projects running at the same time
Brand Center of Excellence Hub
- Partner with central innovations team to establish a new Hub for product R+D that can act as the workplace for the Brand C of E team, and as a live inspiration hub for all designers to access
- Investigating and proposing new ways of communicating key Brand and Creative tools to the organization. Strong emphasis on creative storytelling through digital platforms & moving content
- Work closely with TH Agency, concept team to deliver effective seasonal assets and a central 'platform' or hub for ongoing access by all relevant employees
- Researching, implementing and maintaining database for our design brief imagery, moving content and brand assets
Corporate Archive Lead for TH Europe
- Lead contact in TH Europe for global Corporate Archive, liaising with Archive team based in NYC
- Support Creative Directors and CBO to communicate information on our TH Archive and launch of this program to encourage internal use
- Establish corresponding EU archive to consolidate individual archives currently existing within various divisions with our TH Amsterdam office.
- A natural communicator, you’re responsible for managing and implementing creative projects from briefing through production to final delivery
- You will support and drive global teams (including senior individuals) to meet deadlines, with the right mix of discipline and flexibility that feels supportive
- You’re very proactive and entrepreneurial, able to take leadership, guiding project teams to success and keeping everyone on track.
- Adept at juggling priorities, coordinating resource and overseeing creative workflow to ensure the smooth running of ALL projects.
- Must have an eye for detail, with a strong understand of working with the creative process. And how to find the best creative innovative (but workable) solutions.
- Must have a good understanding of fashion combined with a passion for emerging technologies, you’ll be researching and updating trends with new innovative ways to communicating and inspire our internal audiences
- Expert knowledge of project planning (goals, budgets, schedules and scope)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational & communication skills
- Excellent verbal and spoken English as this is the working language of the company
- Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!
You'll enjoy working with very creative individuals, helping them to bring structure to the creative process and deliverables to be proud of.
Please apply with an updated show reel or portfolio.