About the Company
PVH Corp. ("PVH") is one of the world’s largest global apparel companies, owns and markets a diversified portfolio of lifestyle brands, among which the iconic Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands. PVH has grown exponentially from its 1881 roots to become a global company with revenues of over $5.5 billion by successfully growing brands globally through a combination of wholesale, retail and licensing operations throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
PVH Europe is headquartered in the center of Amsterdam, the Netherlands and has a highly international work force.
The European Business Development/M&A department supports the Management team of PVH Europe with projects of strategic, commercial and operational nature, corporate planning, M&A as well as with development of management presentations. Projects will touch both brands: Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein.
The department works cross-divisional with the management of product divisions (e.g. Menswear, Womenswear), European country organizations and back-office functions (e.g. Finance, Marketing).
- Clear understanding of the organization and its financial and strategic drivers
- Learning problem solving process: frame problems, guide analytical modeling, create solutions analysis
- Learning daily procedures of the Business Development department
- Understanding the key dynamics in the European fashion industry
Key tasks include:
- Support the team in preparing management meetings and presentations
- Support in preparing management reporting decks
- Assist in execution of strategic projects
- Work with various divisions and departments to collect information on strategic questions
- Start Date: July/August 2017. Duration is 6 Months
- University education (preferably Business Administration, Econometrics or Economics with a focus on strategy/banking)
- Preferably experience in strategy consultancy, banking and/or fashion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Passion for the fashion industry
- Ambitious, highly motivated and able to perform in a pressured work environment
- Strong team player with excellent social skills and does not take him/herself too seriously
- Hands-on, result oriented and structured
- Ability to deal with new and wide variety of topics
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program