About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and more than 1,600 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The TH Marketing & Communications department has five key objectives:
- Increase predictability: from being reactive to proactive
- Focus on consumer-centricity
- Think globally
- Act as a pro-active business partner, using facts and data
- Increase use of online tools
Its scope includes setting strategies, providing direction and servicing the needs of its “clients”: divisions, countries, departments, licensing partners and senior management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand, and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
Communications is responsible for corporate & internal communications, event management, sponsoring, PR and celebrity endorsements. The team ensures there is appropriate press coverage to drive the Tommy Hilfiger brand.
The Intern is responsible for supporting the Events Managers and Events Coordinator in overseeing the planning, organization, production, budget control and internal reporting of all internal and external events. The scope of this role is global (multi-region), with a focus on EMEA.
The successful candidate will also be required for some Corporate Communications activities including daily press reporting and administrative tasks.
- Support the events manager and events coordinator in event organization
- Support the corporate communications manager with reporting, logistics and administration
- Have a basic understanding of the objectives of the Marketing & Communications department – driving the brand, consumer engagement and traffic both online and offline – and the supporting role of the Events and Corporate Communications team in delivering that
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to improve events
- Events within scope:
- Store openings
- In-store consumer events
- Campaign, capsule collection and product launch events
- Press conferences
- Brand ambassador personal appearances (in-store, with retail partners, or other promotional events)
- Trade fairs
- Line openings
- Management meetings
- Company meetings
- Internal staff presentations
- Other special brand initiatives
In addition to the aforementioned, the Intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Global Event Managers in all event-related tasks
- Research event spaces, organize site inspections and coordinate venue management, including location database
- Coordinate event logistics, including the preparation of presentations and materials
- Support in the creation of pre and post-event evaluations
- Liaise with internal parties and coordinate with external parties
- Lead the following projects:
- Global event guidelines
- Event app
- Yellow cabs
- Outfit / basement inventory
- Start Date: July/August 2017. Duration is 6 Months
- Educational requirements: University-level studies (business or communications)
- Work experience within a corporate events department or event agency is beneficial
- Production background for photo and video creation is beneficial
- Background in PR / communications is beneficial
- Flexible, with no “nine to five” mentality
- Proactive and hands-on
- Open minded and resourceful
- Focused on quality and has an eye for detail
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken form
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Responsive and service minded
- Knowledge of lifestyle / fashion / music trends
- Up-to-date on social media developments and trends
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
Our behavioral competences:
: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment