About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
It’s scope includes setting strategies, and giving direction and servicing the business of its ‘clients’: Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
The Sales Activation team manages the retail, franchise and wholesale activations for all marketing campaigns that are rolled out globally. The team is responsible for the development and execution of program tools, and delivery of materials to the markets within time and budget.
Global Advertising & Branding oversees the development of global advertising campaigns, from strategy to final implementation. Whether produced in-house or external, the team delivers campaigns that generate brand desire and sell-through. New label launches, safeguarding the brand identity globally and ongoing development of new strategies to keep the brand relevant for our consumer are among the core responsibilities too.
As intern Sales Activations, you will support in executing marketing campaigns towards store communication in retail, (online) wholesale, franchise stores globally. You will work closely together with the Sales Activations team members on:
- Managing local requests via the online marketing portal including planning and communication with the markets
- Maintaining asset upload to the portal and internal server
- Supplying timelines for asset deliverables based on agency and internal input
- Daily support such as: expenses, travel bookings, status updates and market competitor research
- Managing the operational flow of Gift With Purchase promotions
- Coordinating marketing orders from the markets
- Organizing meetings, Video Conferences and internal events
- Creating informative manuals and presentations for internal and external use
- Building a close relationship with the markets, internal departments and 3rd parties.
- Support in executing marketing campaigns towards internal teams, regions and with retail focus
- Compile creative feedback on image composition, retouching and brand representation.
- Managing global in-store digital screen and VR content – maintaining the overview and briefing editors for content
- Executing Commercial Campaigns and seasonal POS’s through various briefs and cross department communication
- Development of Non-Divisional retail artwork, online assets and POS material
- Tourism Marketing - creating monthly tax free sales insight overviews
- Start date: July/August 2017 Duration is 6 months.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Good communication skills: fluent in English, both written and spoken form
- Team player: work hard, play hard!
- Responsive and service minded
- Flexible. No nine to five mentality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote. experience with Mailchimp, Photoshop or in-design is a plus
Our behavioral competences:
- : Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible: Drive Innovation: Drive sustainable growth: Be proactive: Embrace change
- : Prioritize our product: Build positive & long-term working relationships: Be customer and consumer centric: Be detailed
- : Be accountable: Seek solutions: Be resourceful: Be responsible
- : Think & act within the matrix: Lead by example: Be clear: Inspire & empower others: Build global networks
- : Be inclusive: Support diversity: Be open-minded: Foster trust: Have a positive impact on people and the environment