About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages. PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2015 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers.
The PVH Europe Legal Department is based in the PVH International headquarters in Amsterdam. The main activities relate to brand protection, intellectual property, contracts, and corporate and compliance matters, related to the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein businesses in the EMEA+ region. For brand protection the department acts as the first point of contact for Tommy Hilfiger worldwide and for Calvin Klein in Europe. Intellectual property matters relate to trademark infringements, trademark clearance and licensing and co-branding. The contractual work and corporate and compliance matters mostly relate to distribution, supply chain, real estate, IT, privacy, M&A matters, anti-trust, marketing, promotions and licensing.
The Legal Intern will join an international, dynamic, fun and close-knit team of 18 people. The Legal Intern will work on all kind of legal matters dealt with by the legal department, including:
- The review and drafting of contracts and (corporate) documents
- Requests and questions from our daily business regarding legal aspects of any kind – e.g. product liability, e-commerce, privacy
- Collection of information and know-how
- Drafting of presentations
- Brand protection issues
- Intellectual property questions
- Corporate projects and compliance matters
- Start Date: July/August 2017 Duration is 6 Months
- It is a requirement that the candidate is eligible to work in the EU, and that the candidate will be enrolled in a university or school program during the internship
- University level in European Law, civil law, company law, IP law, contract law and/or Dutch law
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing; any other European language is an additional asset
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Accurate research skills, organizational and planning skills and reporting skills
- Eye for detail, reliable, accountable, able to prioritize
- Flexible, can-do mentality and motivation to go the “extra mile”
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Team player