About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year - 2 main season (Spring and Fall) and 2 smaller seasons (Summer/PreFall and Holiday/PreSpring).
As a Junior Design Manager Wovens working in the Women’s wear Division you will be responsible for managing the wovens teams as Outerwear, Soft Wovens and Casual Wovens. You will work closely with the senior and designers in the teams, the developers from the development team, merchandise team for the planning and development of the collection each season. You’ll report into the Design Manager. You will manage, lead and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Senior Design Manager, Design Director and Creative Director. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the woven design team of 6 people for Womenswear, Casual Wovens, Outerwear and Soft wovens.
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s wear brand strategy
- Translating trends into a commercial but creative collection
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Researching and following up on fabrics each season together with the Fabric developer.
- Working closely with the Development and Merchandise team on a daily base.
- Making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- Developing & mentoring senior designers, designers and junior designers
- Explaining the product areas to merchandising as requested
- Reporting to the Senior Design Manager
- 8 - 10 years of experience in Womenswear Woven product groups
- Must have experience in managing senior designers, junior, intern designers
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of woven fabric.
- An extensive knowledge on new technical developments in the woven group.
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands on mentality.
- High productivity is demanded
- Team player
- Travel to Europe & Asia for supplier visits