About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The TH Marketing & Communications department has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
It’s scope includes setting strategies, and giving direction and servicing the business of its ‘clients’: Divisions, Countries, Departments, Licensing Partners and Senior Management. It is the point of liaison between client needs, the brand and the final consumer.
Our core competences cover a wide variety of capabilities: brand management, corporate communications, advertising, media management, promotion management, trade marketing, campaign creation, in-store marketing (POS), digital marketing, event management, sponsoring, PR management and celebrity endorsement.
The Sales Activation team manages all the retail, eCom, outlet, franchise and wholesale activations for all marketing campaigns that are rolled out globally and local activation campaigns upon request. The team is responsible for the development and execution of program tools, and delivery of materials to the markets within time and budget, performing against defined KPI’s.
Digital works closely with all departments ensuring that on-line activations across social media and tommy.com are closely integrated with marketing and communication initiatives.
Product Marketing is responsible for managing the integrated campaigns for all Tommy Hilfiger divisions, from brief, to go-to-market/B2B sell-in, to the production of assets and implementation of the campaign globally. They need to ensure commercial and brand campaigns are executed according to plan and coordinate across all stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
Communications is responsible for corporate communications, event management, sponsoring, PR and celebrity endorsements. They ensure that there is appropriate press coverage to drive the Tommy Hilfiger brand.
The PVH Europe Media Hub encompasses the media buying teams and activities for both Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein in Europe, leveraging the economies of scale and combined purchasing power of the two brands. The team oversees media planning and purchasing – including out-of-home, print, television and digital channels – for both brands. The PVH Europe Media Hub focuses on media analysis and fine-tuned strategy and planning across Europe, to increase KPIs and ROI through engaging content and multi-faceted advertising management.
The Global Advertising & Branding area is overseeing the development of global advertising campaigns, from strategy to final implementation. Whether produced in-house or external, the team delivers campaigns that generate brand desire and sell-through. New label launches, safeguarding the brand identity globally and ongoing development of new strategies to keep the brand relevant for our consumer are among the core responsibilities too.
The in-house agency is a full service integrated creative agency, responsible for the activation of strategically-led creative concepts, editorial content and innovative digital solutions to support marketing and communications for PVH brands across Europe and International markets.
The Global Communications team generates press coverage within short lead, long lead, digital, social and broadcast media to strategically position the brand. To support collections and campaigns within these media the team produces & offers assets such as press-kits, look books, media days, sample management and events such as fashion shows, store openings and campaign launches. Within the Global Fashion Communications team, 3 people are dedicated to the EMEA market, 1 for Latin America and 1 for Asia Pacific and North America, all of which support regional teams located in the countries. This team holds the biggest Tommy Hilfiger Runway sample set globally (there is one EU based, and one US) which is managed by the sample.
The Communication Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Global Regional Communications department, ensuring the efficient running of all PR projects and press office function with an attention to deadlines and detail. The Communication Coordinator should be a ‘beacon’ in the daily communication with the markets. Next to that the coordinator supports the regional managers with daily team tasks, and the wider regional agenda.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the team in market communications of all PR initiatives, varying from press events to specific Tommy stories & product launches.
- Direct point of contact for all markets to compile feedback and other input for running Communications initiatives.
- Collating and overseeing the press office function calendar to ensure project deadlines are met throughout the year.
- Providing project support to regional managers, especially around Media Days.
- Leading the seasonal TOMMYNOW guest list, covering press and seating with regional managers.
- Media Day management including PR briefing documents, sharing assets and recap reporting.
- Supporting regional managers with the compilation of pitch grids for communication initiatives to provide one global overview.
- Support on local blogger and influencer gifting strategies and reporting insights.
- Overseeing and supporting market reporting & editorial values globally – print and online.
- Managing the new online media monitoring platform Meltwater and reporting process.
- Managing the department intern (including hiring process) to support on sample management, and reporting, where needed.
- Compiling editorial analysis and communication project reports for all EMEA markets.
- Compiling data for weekly internal press cutting summery ‘The best of week’.
- Ongoing improvement of PR processes, especially around reporting and data compilation.
- Management of department purchase orders through accounting system (Quince).
- Providing financial support on invoices and payment status to suppliers and expense reports.
- Maintenance and organization of photo and video libraries.
- Develop the new PR FTP and be the point person globally to manage all materials to be shared with PRs & Press.
- Agenda and presentation materials for weekly Fashion Communications Meeting.
- University or similar degree in marketing or communications
- Good knowledge of all MS Office programs including PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop : Keynote and PPT experience is a must
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Good writing skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at same time
- Deadline and quality focused with strong attention to detail
- Open minded and resourceful
- Fashion experience and/or strong interest and knowledge of the fashion industry
- Responsive and service minded
- Team player
- Prepared to work out of normal hours and occasionally during weekends