About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe and includes next to the main womens’ sportswear line also Womens’ Swim, Ski, Fitness, Golf, Sailing and accessories. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year – 4 season (Spring , Summer , Fall and Winter)
As a Senior Designer working in the Women’s wear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product category “light and heavy weight jersey” – Jersey, Cut & Sew, Heavy Weight Knits and Polos. The knits is a very important product group in which we see high potential for growth. You will work closely with the developers from the development team, merchandise team, and the Design manager and Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director. Among other you will be responsible for:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s wear brand strategy
- Create a jersey collection with Tommy DNA.
- Translating trends into a commercial, but creative collection
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabric’s each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs.
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Pre-paring overview’s of the collection each season for merchandising Director and Team of Women’s wear and VP Women’s wear.
- Developing an understanding of fabrics/yarns/washes and to work with Fabric Manager for the selection of fabric’s for each collection.
- Acting quickly to developing trends and filter this into special designed product for Retail/Wholesale.
- Developing junior designers to become designers within your product area.
- Explaining the product area to merchandising or management in requested meetings.
- 8 - 10 years of experience different product groups with 2 years full experience in Jersey
- Eye for details with a extensive knowledge of fabric & yarns
- Experience in overseeing a big product group
- Experience in managing junior and intern designers
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Travel to Europe & Asia for supplier visits
To be successful in this position you need to have a good understanding of the feminine trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment. To be able to work well with other teams you need to have strong communicational skills.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.