We are looking for an experienced and hands-on HR Manager who is a relationship builder by nature and thrives in a dynamic and demanding environment. This role is for a maternity cover of one year. Do you have at least 5 years of relevant experience and worked in a retail or apparel company? Please read below for more info.
The primary responsibilities of the HR Manager is to serve as an internal consultant to corporate and field management, advising employees, defining HR policy and best practice and providing HR solutions to business problems.
Close collaboration between the HR Manager and other key members of the central HR team will be essential to fulfill all elements of the HR Strategic plan and ensure a consistent and efficient approach to all HR related activities.
The HR Manager will work directly with the business and manage the business/product areas assigned to them, partnering with all levels of the business up to Senior Management level. This role is a generalist HR position which will allow you to manage various areas of the business. You will be allowed to bring ideas, develop your passion and grow within a successful team. This is hands on role and balance between strategy and operation.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action
- Support the HR Director in guiding managers on the basic principles of people management such as: goal setting and standards; managing issues and resources; performance improvement plans and giving feedback .
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Guide and inform managers on relevant processes and policies; problem analysis; corrective action, separation, employee relations etc.
- Manage and drive headcount planning, annual salary rounds and promotions/salary adjustments for defined areas in close cooperation with Compensation and Benefits ensuring consistent and transparent approach to pay and bonus awards, implementing increase and promotions.
- Provide together with the HR advisor advice and coaching to managers and employees on benefits and administration in the areas of: holiday & long term and short term persistent absence cases; maternity leave and parental rights etc.
- Support in development of policy in relevant areas and develop efficient processes & procedures as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of related legislation and rules and communicate to HR team members and employees as necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues in driving HR initiatives forward
- Ad hoc projects as requested from time to time.
- Ensure CSR is an integral consideration in all HR related activities
- Post-secondary education; degree or post graduate diploma in Human Resources, Psychology, Social Science or Labor law or equivalent
- Min 5 years of relevant HR Generalist experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Dutch not essential but useful
- Practical working knowledge of Dutch employment legislation especially; grievance & disciplinary procedures; employee rights; maternity & parental rights; dismissal; discrimination; consultation.
This is a challenging role in a dynamic business environment, requiring flexibility and a hands-on approach. The individual needs to be highly organized, confident and used to working independently.
Other requirements are:
- A solution based approach that sometimes requires fresh and practical thinking
- Comprehensive understanding of current HR ‘best practice’ and benchmarks.
- Ability to solve problems based on rational thinking and to present ideas in a logical format.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Attention to detail, with a proactive approach to all aspects of work.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, employees, line managers and external contacts to senior level.
- Efficient, with capacity to manage tight deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Trustworthy with high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
- Receptive and understanding in relation to needs of diverse multi-national workforce.
- Occasional flexibility to work hours outside daily core office hours when necessary.
- Be an integral part of the HR team and also the Tommy and Calvin communities.
About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.