The Calvin Klein Performance Merchandising Department is responsible for merchandising creation of the collections for Men’s and Women’s.
Key to our function is the interface with other departments, such as Sales, Planning, Operations and Marketing & PR, where our primary role is to communicate on all product related matters.
The Intern will assist the CK Merchandise Departments in creating compelling commercial collections from start to finish. This is a dynamic and exciting role that provides an opportunity for exposure to the full spectrum of the Merchandising function. From day one onwards you will be fully integrated within our friendly and close knit team in order to encourage your learning and development through hands on experience. This entails assignments from initial trend and competitor research, sales analysis, preparation for pricing & forecasting to the creation of selling tools and presentations for design briefs and sales.
The chosen candidate will report to, and primarily support, the Merchandising Managers.
- Providing general support to the Merchandising team on day to day activities, trend research, sales analysis, preparing key meetings and line openings and other ad hoc projects
- Assisting in the creation of sales presentations / tools and look books for the sales teams
- Showroom Presentation: supporting the Merchandising team with the organization of product displays and the seasonal presentations
- In detail sales and collection performance analysis
- Sample management and coordination: maintaining orderly samples and tracking deliveries
- Industry knowledge: understanding product lifecycle, competitive landscape
- Brand and collection familiarity: understanding the DNA of Calvin Klein with a focus on all categories in terms of product families, styles, fabrications, workmanship and program positioning
- Range planning: understanding a range plan, price build up and market needs, and how to plan a commercial collection with this background
- Communication: exercising clear communication and effective presentation skills
- Time Management & Organization: learning to work to tight deadlines, assisting the team with any ad hoc queries, working autonomously and prioritizing key tasks
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: July August 2017. Duration is 6 months.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- IT skills: good knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical: Illustrator experience is a plus
- Analytical mindset, familiar to work with numbers
- Passionate, proactive and friendly individual
- Ability to manage work and time are key necessary skills