About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, PVH Studios is a talented team of in-house Art directors and Producers, collaborating to capture, produce and distribute commercial visual assets across PVH Europe brands and international markets. The commercial fashion imagery enables our wholesale customers to make informed purchasing decisions through our innovative Digital Showrooms and sales tools, and enhances the consumer shopping experience by presenting our product and bringing shopping experiences to life in digital and “bricks and mortar” retail environments such as E-commerce and interactive digital screens.
PVH Studios works autonomously on commercial productions and also partners with our in-house integrated creative agency to support marketing and communications projects. As creative guardians, PVH Studios works together with Brand Art Directors to realize the overall creative vision. We’re responsible for elevating our product and reflecting core brand values across every touch-point, adopting and maintaining an Omni-channel approach to everything we do.
You’ll be creating commercial imagery for PVH brands. Working together with in-house creative and production teams, freelancers and external vendors, to efficiently deliver thousands of fashion and product photographs every season. [Services may expand in future to include video and CGI production].
The role is varied, from concepting photography and lighting directions, choosing brand appropriate models, styling looks, art directing shoots, overseeing image selection, ensuring quality of final output and motivating the Studio teams to deliver great results.
Building strong relationships within the team, stakeholders across the business, external vendors and production partners. You’ll enjoy the challenge of coming up with solutions – regardless of restrictions and limitations. Managing the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet our business needs.
You’re adept at creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities. The role is all about figuring out how to make the impossible, possible.
- Concept commercial fashion shoots consistent with brand image. Present ideas to peers and senior management to positively influence decisions
- Work with merchandising and marketing leaders to further develop and update Styling Guidelines
- Work together with UX/UI teams to evolve photography formats
- Research competitors, industry trends, regular reviews of e-commerce websites, to make sure we stay ahead of the game and provide real inspiration and excitement to our customers.
- Push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce. Move away from only shooting quantity towards more creative photography
- Work with production teams for short and long-term planning
- Collaborate with Producers and/or Marketing Teams on creative production that may include casting models, sourcing and hiring photographers and stylists, hair and make-up artists, scouting studio locations and more
- Establish and nurture existing relationships with photographers and creative partners.
- Ensure shoot teams are appropriately resourced to deliver. Being a point of contact for freelancers with regards to studio set-up and creative direction
- Attend and participate in pre-production and project related meetings
- Clearly communicate the creative direction to styling, photography and production teams including photo briefs and mood boards
- Oversee styling direction to ensure products are presented on-brand but also aligned with current trends
- Confirm approvals prior to shooting
Shoot Art Direction
- Ensure products are lit correctly, in accordance with the guidelines and color is accurate
- Direct models on set including posing and facial expressions to capture the unique emotion and spirit of each brand
- Ensure overall brand mood and styling direction for still-life imagery
- Capture details that help our customers to better evaluate products
- [Eg. fit, fabric texture, length, signature twist, branding details]
- Maintain the overall look, style and feel of each brand and ensure synergy across all product categories and Divisions
- Drive decisive on-set trouble shooting to solve photography challenges
- Work with the Operations team to ensure the creative process is productive and efficient to meet timelines
- Ensure imagery is consistent with shoot and brand guidelines, every product is shown to its best advantage and shot to the highest technical standards
- Avoid re-shooting
- End to end responsible for your work incl image selection, mark-up retouching, image cropping, order images for e-commerce, oversee video edit, color matching
- Represent each product as accurately as possible to ensure what our customers receive is the same as what they’ve seen digitally
- Review and approve final assets
- Evaluate creative work beyond delivery. Develop future photographic directions based on valuable insights to ensure content is used effectively
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to deliver best-in-class content and assets to the global organization
- Collaborate and share best practices with peers. Seek to continually push the boundaries of quality, creativity and innovation ie discourage complacency and ‘factory’ mentality within the shoot teams
Finance and Reporting
- Respect photo shoot costs and annual budgets
- Complete daily/weekly timesheets in a timely manner
You’re a responsible team player
You have a passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism to bring about change to the way we work. You’re a collaborator and inspirer who, by daily example, seeks to achieve the impossible. You’ll enjoy the challenge of coming up with creative solutions – regardless of restrictions and technical limitations
You’ll have a contagious passion for our brands and our business and you’ll be seeking to improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level.
A natural communicator, you’ll eloquently present ideas and navigate through key stakeholders, contributing to discussion and positively influencing decisions.
But just as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, collaboration, the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team.
Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!
- Bachelors Degree in Photography, Design, Art Direction or related field
- 7+ years experience creating product photography in a high volume, high quality, fast-paced commercial studio with a production line environment
- Proven experience in ecommerce fashion photography is required
- Experience concepting and executing both photography and video shoots
- Strong fashion aesthetic and keen eye for judging photography, color, and lighting
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to provide clear direction and communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Positive, collaborative approach. Leave your ego at home!
- Ability to set priorities, work under tight deadlines and effectively manage stress
- A passion for product, and a mindset for always exceeding expectations
- Must be a self starter, easily adaptable and flexible
- As this is a hands-on role, it’s expected you’ll have expert competency with Adobe Creative programs and image management software. You’ll also be adept at Keynote for presentations