About the Company
About the Company:
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets and in The Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
The Senior Manager Retail Development & Operations is responsible to manage the MEA+ NL Development & Operations team that sits within the Retail Department. The team consists of 3 direct reports and you will report into the Senior Retail Director MEA+ NL.
The role will work closely with the rest of MEA+ NL Retail department to ensure alignment on the retail strategy and priorities as well as liaising with other support functions within the PVH organization.
- Drive new store and SIS business plans approval process based on sales forecasts and profit margins (P&L per store) in cooperation with Finance and Retail Function for both MEA+ and NL.
- Establishes relationship with real estate brokers, business consultants, mall developers, landlords, contractors in order to effectively conduct and influence any negotiation involved for obtaining the best possible commercial / legal terms in the relevant area.
- Follows up the tender procedure providing the parties involved with PVH requirements, after having analyzed them and having conducted a cost-benefit survey to ensure an optimal utilization of CAPEX allocated by the HQ-Store Development department.
- Coordinates with HQ Store Development and together with Head of Full Price, Head of Outlet and Head of Visual Merchandising and local architects for defining store layouts, making well informed recommendations on possible changes and integrations. As well as the store “snagging” to ensure the compliance of the stores as well as the defects removal, to ensure customer appeal.
- Manages and supervises the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance of existing stores - and their periodical refit – along with head-office maintenance.
- Ensures the compliance of health and safety regulations of stores and head-office.
- Drafts and reviews P&L analysis
- Manages and motivates subordinate staff; reviews and assesses performance, builds employee capacity, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department.
- Involvement in new opportunities for Retail Stores and Shop-in-Shop locations in The Netherlands.
- University or Bachelor Degree,
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a similar role in Fashion/Lifestyle Retail and 2 years in of experience in a people management role
- Fluent English both verbal and written as this is the working language of the company. Dutch or/and any other language is a pro.
- Experience in Fashion/Lifestyle Retail and retail processes, systems, facilities and strategies is a must
- Background in Store development and Fashion/Lifestyle Retail.
- Proven excellent organization and project management skills especially Planning, Time and budget Management.
- Team player, excellent in building strong relationships with other divisions and our distributors.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment and travel abroad
- Eye for strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability of dealing with ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability of dealing with tight deadlines, competing priorities and high workload.
- Ability to apply strategic filters in regards to information and communication.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.