About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
PVH Innovation Next Europe Team
Innovation is the foundation of our vision, it drives our entrepreneurial spirit, and it is essential to achieving continued success in our quickly changing world.
True innovation can come from anywhere and there are inspiring initiatives come to life from associates at every level and in every area of our business. To continue our pioneering spirit, PVH Innovation Next Europe team aims to establish official resources, provide access to internal and external experts, and create a shared knowledge base that can be leveraged across the organization.
Innovation Next Europe is the central coordination point for supporting and expanding the programs that continue to be initiated throughout our company. The team provides greater transparency on new technologies that are being introduced and encourage cross-functional synergies to share ideas across teams.
Product Innovation is one of the main pillars within the PVH Innovation Next Europe Team.
Position Description and responsibilities
The objectives of the Product Innovation Team is to:
- Develop commercially viable solutions to support divisions on the design and supply chain solutions
- Support brand strategy
- Focus on impactful ideas that are volume driven, profit seeking, and long-term focused
- Drive topline sales and/or bottom line margin expansion
- Analyze, adapt, and adopt
The Manager, Product Innovation will report to the Director, Innovation Management. This role is responsible for the strategic oversight, project management, execution, and delivery of the innovation pipeline, from concept-to-consumer for all divisions.
The Manager will own advanced ideation projects, including product and process solutions which are known to the brand, unknown to the brand, and unknown to the industry.This role requires an ambidextrous thinker, distinctively strong in business strategy and project management, as well as design and innovation. This is a unique role that requires a blend of ‘left-brain’ and ‘right-brain’ skills and interests, as you marry strategic rigor and an innovator’s ‘knows-no-boundaries’ creativity in order to engineer and cross pollenate multi-industry disciplines, know-how, and technical best practices to develop disruptive, industry changing products.Success for this role will be delivering product innovation solutions to the divisions.
- 7+ years in experience in Product Development with expertise in Textile Development creation
- Extensive knowledge in technical textiles, garment construction, raw materials, trim, production and manufacturing, trade, supplier, and vendor market knowledge
- Project management and the ability to influence
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to work fast paced and strategically
- Thorough understanding of physical properties testing a must
- Experience in hard goods development, blueprint reading, consumer electronics, leather goods, accessories helpful
- Must have experience with production countries
- Extensive travel background a plus
- Microsoft office, Microsoft Excel, PDM knowledge
- Ability to put boundaries and context around ambiguity so that it doesn’t erode clarity and focus
- Strong decision making and negotiating skills
- Resourceful, organized, and adaptable to change
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong, confident, compelling communicator with developed presentation skills
- Presence, voice, and the ability to influence