About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale and Retail teams (via Sales Manager and Retail Department) and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
- Planning and managing in cooperation with the Design and production department, a Tommy Hilfiger Kids collection for boys, girls and newborn, tailored towards the European market
- Analyze sales results, work in close collaboration with sales teams to understand different market needs, competitor structure and pricing in order to identify market opportunities and growth potential for each country and sales channel
- Translate market demand and trend information based on quantitative feedback (such as sell-thru numbers, pricing parameters, quantities etc.) and qualitative facts (such as market input and trends, commercial product needs, customer behavior, etc.) into a detailed range plan that will be handed over to design
- Work in collaboration with other relevant departments, such as Design, Production, Sourcing, Sales and Operations to ensure congruous processes are in place at every stage of the seasonal line production
- Oversee and manage the merchandising team, make sure the calendar is respected and speed360 is followed up closely.
- Managing seasonal collections through design and production to presentation at sales level
- Actively prepare, deliver presentations and participate in product and collection alignment meetings where the collection is shared with the sales team at an early stage to ensure a successful selling season (GAM meetings, Train the trainer, PSEM etc etc)
- Working closely with Merchandising, Production and Design in order to uphold a range plan with emphasis on price, product build-up and new trends
- Collecting feedback from the countries as to optimize the collections, whilst maintaining a balance between commerciality and trend
- Setting up all systems, including PLM
- Setting the seasonal planning and budgets with Merchandising Director
- Prepare with the team, participate and manage the work stream at a very early stage in the system to ensure all system set-up is ready for line opening where the collection is handed over to sales, monitor inbound of samples
- Present collection to countries, be main point of contact, support and participate in key account appointments, follow up on requests, monitor order intake
- Travelling (country visits, fairs, store-checks, occasionally vendors)
- 5+ years of relevant working experience (merchandising, product development, brand management, sales, etc)
- Effective, reliable, and positive speaker, showing presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead
- Strategic person being a project manager, combining a problem solving, solution focused attitude while having effective planning and organizational skills as well as a progressive attitude in improving and streamlining processes
- Commercial mindset/ consumer and retail focused, knowledge of the fashion industry and strong fashion affinity, good knowledge of retail competitors, high taste level
- Ability to handle pressure while working on multiple tasks under tight deadlines by providing high quality work results; embrace the hands on, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Strong networker; the ability to form effective working relationships with all key stakeholders (Merchandising, Design, Production, Operations and Sales)
- Global mindset and able to work with different nationalities
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, any additional EU languages is a plus
- Excellent skills in MS Excel (reporting and handling big data amount, executing pivots and other analysis) as well as Word and Power Point are a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Team player, successful at building relationships
- Positive mindset, sparring partner, entrepreneurial thinker, embracing change and taking new ways to reach targets
- Strategic thinking, supportive of Tommy Hilfiger’s long-term business goals
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to PVH must have a current PVH Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource/Talent Acquisition Department. In addition agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Managers. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of PVH. PVH will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.