About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Central Brand Merchandising department was first realized in September 2015 and works closely with the Brand Merchandising Team. The Brand Merchandising team will focus on driving consumer-focused merchandising strategies, range planning, assortment planning, and product storytelling.
The Central Merchandising department will focus on an extremely important and complex project aimed at optimising the product development cycle and focussing on consumer centrism.
We forecast that the implementation of a shorter development cycle will take about two years, with many steps to achieve during this period.
The department works cross-divisional and closely with key-stakeholders of all back-office functions (e.g. supply chain, logistics), product divisions (e.g. menswear, womenswear, kidswear, accessories), as well as ‘locally in the countries’ OR ‘European country organizations’.
Reporting to the Central Merchandising Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for project planning and supporting every phase of a project lifecycle.
- Participates in the planning, execution and controlling of strategic projects with strong analytical focus and understanding of consumer-centric strategies.
- Contributes to the problem solving process: frame problems, execute analytical modeling, and through analysis provide insights into solutions.
- Acts as a contact person to the entire project stream team for project related tasks and ad hoc queries.
- Independently carries out smaller projects and management requests. Can prioritize and carry on concurrent tasks, related to the same or to different projects.
- Supports Director and team in the analysis business processes and the preparation of top management meetings
- Contributes to facilitating the change driven by the project
- Can coach other team members
- Understands and shows passion for the worldwide fashion and retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments.
Ideally the candidate has a background in project management and the fashion industry, is capable of analyzing and solving complex problems, facilitating meetings at all levels of the organization and producing high quality deliverables.
We’re looking for a talented individual who is a strong team player, who eagerly seeks opportunities and shows passion for the job, who enjoys a challenging environment and working by objectives. He/she is also eager to continuously improve and develop, curious by nature, constantly raising the bar.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management or equivalent, at an internationally minded Business School.
- 1-4 years of experience in project management, change management and project planning, preferably in a strategy consulting company or an equivalent position in fashion, and/or retail environment
- Preferably possesses Supply Chain and operational background at global lifestyle brand
- Strong and flexible analytical mindset: quickly understands and manages new topics, driving clear and concise insights from large sets of quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Understands the complexity of a matrix organization, capable of operating within one
- Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of mixed audiences
- Ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play, does not take him/herself too seriously
- Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment
- Excellent social and communication skills, does not take him/herself too seriously
- Excellent MS-Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality