About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewellery, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
The Merchandise Planning & Control team is responsible for monitoring and controlling the divisional performance against a KPI set defined by top management. It provides top line range plans as well as valid data analyses and reports to divisional directors and VPs, as well as to category merchandisers, that serve as a base for their decision making, and simultaneously challenges them on collection efficiencies.
The candidate will be responsible for the TH Footwear and TH & CK Accessories divisions and reports into the Merchandise Planning & Control Director.
- Develop divisional top line range plans, based on established strategic vision and feedback from markets and retail, in coherence with targets set by Brand Merchandising. This includes handovers to Product Merchandising for detailed range planning as well as presentation to Sr. management alongside the divisional VP’s.
- Drive continuous alignment of collection development by Product Merchandising to divisional range plans, by making call-outs when actuals are overly misaligned on e.g styles and options, forecasted quantities, price points, margins and flow.
- Deliver analyses and reports on KPIs to measure performance during collection development, selling periods and post-season, providing key learnings and insights on business opportunities. These will also serve as a base for PSEM meetings with Sr. management.
- Identify and implement best practices across divisions (e.g. forecasting improvement, cross-divisional range plan alignment) by generating deep-dive analyses and by collaborating with cross divisional and project teams.
- Manage direct report(s) to work consistently towards team and divisional goals. Supervising team members in range planning, KPI management and guiding them in analyzing reports to produce insightful business call-outs.
- Serve as link between division and Business Control to provide insights regarding divisional processes and their impact on OPEX (e.g. travel expenses, sample costs) as well as to support in the budgeting process.
- Provide analyses for annual presentations and ad-hoc reporting.
- HBO or University degree in business, economics or similar educational background
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in an analytical role in merchandising or business planning. Experience in the footwear industry is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and high accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with ad hoc deadlines
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and problem-solving oriented
- Team player and flexibility in working hours e.g. overtime in peak periods
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal