About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Global Business Development department is the strategy function for TH Global/PVH Europe and its brands Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. In this capacity, the department supports the TH Global/PVH Europe management in structuring strategic thinking, formulating multiyear group strategies, and running strategic projects throughout the business: along the value chain from merchandising an design, to product development, sourcing and logistics; as well as in the various distribution channels, markets, and with M&A and partnerships.
Global Business Development department supports C level management, product divisions’ management (e.g. menswear, womenswear), functional departments’ management (e.g. supply chain and logistics), the central and country commercial retail and wholesale organizations’ management.
We are trusted advisors of management. We are a team of strategic problem solvers, analytical thinkers, passionate team players, ambitious professionals who strive to bring about change and get our iconic brands to the next level. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with the business to develop meaningful, relevant and actionable strategies.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, the Director Business Development is responsible for driving strategic projects throughout the organization. Actively managing joint Business Development and business project teams, leading the team’s thinking and problem solving, and ensuring quality are essential elements of this role.
- Reports into the VP of Business Development
- Independent planning, execution and controlling of various strategic projects, with focus on product divisions (e.g. menswear, womenswear)
- Go-to person for product divisions management, support in identification and prioritization of strategic initiatives
- Lead the problem solving process: manage the structuring of issues, the running of analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations for the business
- Help develop a team of Managers and Business Analysts to expand their skill sets and to further progress their careers
- 7+ years of experience in strategy consulting with a top tier firm or similar in-house position in the fashion, apparel retail or consumer goods industry; 2+ years of management experience
- University degree from a leading business school/university. MBA or advanced degree is preferred; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of advanced degree
- Outstanding people and relationship skills; and ability to interact with different levels of a multi-cultural, international organization
- Inspirational leader
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Flexible, and able to perform in a highly dynamic work environment
- Independent, hands-on, able to prioritize, results oriented and structured
- Ability to deal with a new and wide variety of topics
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Real team player, does not take her/himself too seriously
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Proficiency in English
- Passion for the fashion and apparel industry