About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
As a Product Development Assistant you will participate in the end to end Product Development process, from conceptual drawings through bulk delivery including range planning, production planning and merchandise alignment. Your responsibilities will be:
- Reports into Senior Product Developer.
- Assisting in handling of daily issues in end to end Product Development.
- Adhere to calendar, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on time for delivery at all stages of the process.
- Product Management as directed by Product Developer including assisting in launching, tracking & ordering of all prototypes & salesman samples in accordance with calendar and vendor requirements.
- Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements.
- Fitting collaboration: Assist fit meetings including capturing comments and changes, administrative tasks & communicating these internally and externally.
- Loading, Updating and maintaining of PLM system within category ensuring data integrity.
- Maintain all tracking spreadsheets & departmental spreadsheets.
- Maintain all departmental administrative tasks & duties including sending, tracking, and archiving of samples, lab dips, etc.
- Internal sample and lab dip management, including creating and maintaining departmental files.
- Minimum 1 year of experience (internships included)
- Higher textile education
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Pro active
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral