About the Company
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, PVH Studios is a talented team of in-house Art directors and Producers, collaborating to capture, produce and distribute commercial visual assets across PVH Europe brands and international markets.
The commercial fashion imagery enables our wholesale customers to make informed purchasing decisions through our innovative Digital Showrooms and sales tools, and enhances the consumer shopping experience by presenting our product and bringing shopping experiences to life in digital and “bricks and mortar” retail environments such as E-commerce and interactive digital screens.
PVH Studios works autonomously on commercial productions and also partners with our in-house integrated creative agency to support marketing and communications projects.
As creative guardians, we’re responsible for elevating our product and reflecting core brand values across every touch-point, adopting and maintaining an Omni-channel approach to everything we do.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll be running the production and logistics of commercial shoots, including studio facilities, creative and production teams, freelancers and external vendors, to efficiently deliver thousands of fashion and product photographs every season. [Services may expand in future to include video and CGI production].
The role is varied, from briefing, budgeting, shoot logistics and post-production to delivery of digital assets. You’ll manage the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet our business needs and motivate the Studio teams to deliver great results.
You’ll be working with asset management solutions and automated workflows. Ensuring the teams plan for and deliver the increasing upload targets, driving continuous improvement to scale production at high volumes, and seeking better efficiency while maintaining quality.
Building strong relationships within the team and stakeholders across the business as well as external vendors including photography, technology and logistics partners. You’ll be adept at creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities, enjoying the challenge of coming up with solutions – regardless of restrictions and limitations. The role is all about figuring out how to make the impossible, possible.
THE DAY TO DAY:
Plan and oversee the flow of product and digital assets through all stages of the studio workflow:
- Short and long-term operational planning. Identify the scope of each project, and ensure teams are adequately resourced to meet targets
- Prepare upcoming shoots, including scheduling, sourcing and hiring photographers, videographers, stylists, hair and make-up artists, studio facilities, locations, editors, re-touchers, travel, casting models, and more
- Work with other Production leads within the wider Team, to ensure the strongest approach to external talent
- Compile production estimates and budget for all shoots. Manage costs within the overall annual budget
- Liaise with agents, clients and artists on all production related topics
- Co-ordinate pre-prod meetings and route all approvals prior to shooting
- Negotiate and manage appropriate usage rights
- Track and prepare all products to be shot in good time, and in an organized and (cost) efficient manner
- Work with Operations to assess workflow and ensure processes are productive and efficient
- Set daily production goals. Contribute to weekly Operations updates
- Develop a strong partnership with our product divisions, sample warehouse and merchandising teams
- Work with Sample Distribution Centre and Photography Planner to maintain the seasonal Product Library and sample management system for receiving, inventory, storing and loss prevention of product
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of samples to studios
- Track sample availability against product/shot lists
- Ensure smooth movement of samples through styling, photography and retouch with respect to deadlines, quality and accuracy
- Handle sample requests from external parties such as 3 party ecommerce
- Ensure creative and production teams are briefed and given clear direction
- Shoot team logistics and attendance (where required), ensuring shot count and deliverables are fulfilled
- End to end responsible for your shoots
- Work with the Creative and Operations team to ensure the creative process is productive and efficient to meet timelines
- Ensure external studios meet (or exceed!) production goals
- Key contact to production teams and end responsible to deliver assets on time and within budget
- Avoid re-shooting
Digital Asset Management:
- Ensure files are named accurately and manage the transfer of final assets to DAM system/s
- Track product changes where required, update imagery [retouch or reshoot] and ensure only one correct master file is live
- Implement best practices for working with DAM tools
- Maintain orderly job folders and planning documents
- Keep detailed records of all image usages and legal contracts
Finance and Reporting:
- Manage photo shoot budgets and reconcile costs post shoot
- Control production budgets including monthly financial reporting
- Negotiate contracts and rates as needed
- Report key productivity and quality metrics and continually seek improvement
- Complete daily/weekly timesheets in a timely manner
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to deliver best-in-class content and assets to the global organization
- Collaborate and share best practices with peers. Seek to continually push the boundaries of quality, creativity and innovation i.e. discourage complacency and ‘factory’ mentality within the shoot teams
You’re a responsible team player.
You have a passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism to bring about change to the way we work. You’re a collaborator and inspirer who, by daily example, seeks to achieve the impossible. You’ll enjoy the challenge of coming up with creative solutions – regardless of restrictions and technical limitations.
You’ll have a contagious passion for our brands and our business and you’ll be seeking to improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level.
A natural communicator, you’ll eloquently present ideas and navigate through key stakeholders, contributing to discussion and positively influencing decisions.
But just as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, collaboration, the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team.
Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or related field
- 7+ years experience producing photography in a high volume, high quality, fast-paced commercial studio with a production line environment
- Proven experience in ecommerce fashion or retail photography is required
- Solid experience delivering both operational efficiency and quality
- Keen eye for detail
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Familiarity with DAM systems and file and sample management tools
- Positive, collaborative approach. Leave your ego at home!
- Ability to set priorities, work under tight deadlines and effectively manage stress
- A passion for product, and a mindset for always exceeding expectations
- Must be a self-starter, easily adaptable and flexible