About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
Web & Mobile Development – We are a team of enthusiastic developers eager to learn, try-out and embrace new technologies. We are creators and we are creative. We transform thoughts, words and ideas into fun, rich and good looking applications for browsers and smartphones.
We take our job with great enthusiasm and pride as our software is our business card within PVH Europe and with that, we feel extremely responsible for the work and quality we deliver.
By being part of our team, you will be supporting the PVH Europe with its development initiatives, along with managing maintenance and support of the corporate environment. You will become a ninja on agile development, hands-on troubleshooter and be challenged every day with different problems, solutions and architectures to make us successful.
A general knowledge of web technologies is required, with in-depth knowledge of the technologies listed below:
- At least 3-4 year’s experience in frontend technologies
- Experience with JSP ,JSTL, Dojo
- Experience with agile software development techniques
- Experience using Git/GitLab/GitHub
- Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus
- Experience in working with E-Commerce platforms (such as Websphere Commerce, Demandware, Magento etc.) is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-oriented, are a MUST.
In the role of Front End Developer you will:
- Develop and maintain the E-Commerce front end for desktop/mobile/tablet
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Be hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Work along our corporate guidelines to best support local teams
- Work with agencies that do the main development
- Play an active role in improving communication, maintainability of the solution
- Interact with business users to understand requirements
- Proactively seek improvements to our existing portfolio of applications
- Advise on new developments within the industry
- Proactively monitor usage of the applications/sites and advise on improvements
- Collaborate with other development departments within PVH to align process & technology
- Foster a professional environment for the PVH Europe development department
Desired Skills and Job Requirements:
- Experience with RAD or Eclipse IDE
- Operating Systems (Client): Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS X, iOS;
- Operating Systems (Server): Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Linux-based systems.
- Web programming best practices
- Able to deliver rich, dynamic, interactive and well performing websites
- Shell Scripting (bash, Perl)
- Restful/SOAP/OData web services
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (formerly known as Omniture), Google Analytics
- Ticketing systems/development support systems (Jira)
- Deployment systems/methodologies