About the Company
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Tommy Hilfiger Underwear is a highly successful division at PVH Europe with huge opportunity for further growth. The division’s strategy going forward is to gain further leadership positioning, with focus on developing further the underwear and lifestyle business, amongst others through creating a bespoke underwear collection targeting the Global market.
This division consists of the following teams:
- Merchandising – Responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Design – responsible for the creation of the concept, colors direction, product and qualities of the fabrications to drive the business growth
- Planning – Drivers of the demand forecasting process, and responsible for placing and tracking buys for the full price businesses
- Business Operations – The interface between the division, central ops and finance, ensuring that all divisional and financial targets are achieved
- Sales – Ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key accounts
- Sourcing – drives the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a management role responsible for the creation and implementation of a global product collection in the sports lifestyle category across men’s and women’s.
The position reports directly into the Senior Manager and is the key global product creation representative for all full price channels. The role encompasses the creation of seasonal product merchandising plans which include both replenishment and seasonal product. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for each global market and making sure that these requirements translate into product is key. Since this position is a crucial connecting function between the different departments in the development and merchandising process, the candidate must possess very strong creative and analytical skills. He or she will also have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills, not only in order to deliver an on-target collection that will drive sales, but also to ensure synergies between all divisions are being maximized.
- Reports to the Senior Merchandising Manager
- Be the global product creation specialist and the point of contact for all channels and departments
- Create seasonal merchandising plans and drive cross-departmental execution between Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning, Sales and Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising
- Work closely with Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising departments on a seasonal marketing plan which will raise brand awareness and drive sales
- Drive go to market organization and preparation of all supporting tools for successful launches
- Present product strategy to the relevant markets and ensure launches are correctly supported
- Partner with Planning/Forecasting on all pre-market buying commitments and projections
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA Degree (best in Fashion Merchandising, Buying or a related field)
- 3+ years work experience in sports apparel product creation or merchandising
- Sports apparel background is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Power Point; PLM literate is a plus
- Some travel may be required