About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
For the support of the Global PVH Digital Selling and Showroom platforms out of the office in Amsterdam, we are looking for an experienced all-round IT support professional to join our operational IT team. The Digital Selling and Showroom landscape consist of multiple backend servers, integration and audiovisual systems as well as digital and audiovisual endpoints, tables and theaters.
Therefor the candidate needs to have understanding and ability to work with a wide range of new innovative IT solutions both software and hardware as well open source technologies and tools. The perfect candidate has an affinity for databases (SQL/NoSQL), programming languages and scripting.
Please check out our Digital Showroom show reel: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHPX23lwaYc)
- Hardware maintenance, Computer Networking, Troubleshooting & Support orientated, Windows (7,8 & 10), OS X, MSSQL, Couchebase, NoSQL, Unix Bash Shell Scripting, Image Building and Deployment, Windows PowerShell, Ansible (Configuration Management / Deployment / Support), Programming
- Operational support and maintenance of the Digital Selling and Showroom platforms in Houthavens, Amsterdam.
- Supporting local country IT / Digital Showroom support staff (i.e. acting as a 2nd line support)
- Administering / Managing Windows and OS X devices
- Troubleshooting Audio / Visual hardware components (Digital Screens, Video Wall, Audio Processors etc.)
- Replacing hardware component when required
- Ticketing of Incidents (TopDesk & Jira)
- Problem Management
- Working with development teams (Internal & External)
- Coordinating Global Digital Showroom installations with multiple teams across multiple time-zones
- Maintaining and Automating the Image Builds for the Digital Showrooms
- Documentation of Systems and Processes and creating relevant reports
- Analyze requirements and working on functional and technical specifications
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- A hands-on and pragmatic approach
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize call in-take
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Ability to script using PowerShell and Unix Shell
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies with open source solutions
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out and management of new applications and technologies.
- Ability and willingness to transfer knowledge to colleagues / team members.
- Understanding of functional usage of different applications
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Facing Customer and Client using strong interpersonal skills while working under pressure
Good grasp of the following technologies
- SSH, shell scripting for general showroom machine setup and maintenance
- Ansible for maintenance and support utilities
- Windows PowerShell & UNIX Bash Scripting for Desired State Configuration Management
Furthermore you are a good communicator (written and verbal fluency in English required). You have the analytical skills to quickly analyze a problem and come up with solutions that fit our architecture. You can work independently but are also a great team player.
We are looking for a full-time position and given the nature of our business and applications you are willing to travel and/or work odd hours when required.