About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Color Director is part of the Supply Chain Planning department. Reporting into the SVP Supply Chain Planning, the Color Director will work on the design and implementation of the PVH Europe Color Department.
- Setting up and leading the PVH Europe Color Department
- Aligning divisional color processes by implementing structured color management and standardized way of working
- Identifying color milestones on the calendar and monitoring the design and development color process to stay on track of the E2E supply agenda
- Working with design in color palettes creation process and the distribution of these for internal company use and the supply chain
- Managing the accreditation process of raw material suppliers, mills and vendors to support company initiatives on focusing color approvals being done closer by the needle
- Partner with Color teams in New York and Asia to review global org structure
- Creating savings and reducing leadtimes by reducing/eliminating sample development costs
- Starting and leading the digital color approval process project
- Introducing new color services/standards for wider range of readily available color standards
- Being main point of contact and holding relationship with color standard providers
- Managing the set-up of a physical and virtual color library
- Identifying (additional) ways to increase speed in color process to contribute to shorter leadtimes
- Working with 3D Design team to enable virtual color designs hence saving time and costs
- Teaching divisions and leading color training for Product Development & Design Teams to use spectrophotometer for color searches
- Being main point of contact for all color initiatives and color related issues/questions within the company
- University/Engineering degree with minimum of 10 years of work experience in color (& materials) management, preferably in an equivalent position in fashion, and/or retail environment
- Experience in (setting up and) leading of color department, minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas
- Great influencer and negotiator
- Proven ability to work with design & development teams, material suppliers, mills and vendors
- Strong communication skills
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit with solutions oriented thinking and attitude
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.