About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
In this newly created role, you will set up and safeguard the process and planning of material sampling, Fixture prototype & production. Together with the Concept Design team, you will ensure the quality and design is signed off. In addition, you willmaintain commercial relations with our Distribution Channels & Franchise Partners in Africa & the Middle East. We are looking for an entrepreneurial who can make an impact in a new position.
You will be part of the MEA+ team (based in Amsterdam) and will closely work with the Store Development team as they are responsible for the expansion in the market & the execution of the new Store openings and refits. In Addition, you will work with: Concept Design, Procurement and Retail Store Development. Externally, you are the first point of contact for Corporate Architects and vendors. You will report to the Senior Concept Content Manager & Senior Retail Director MEA+, based in Amsterdam.
Planning & Process
- Both Tommy Hilfiger as well as Calvin Klein have multiple Fixture Concepts for which a Project Planning & Production process need to be setup
- Guide Appointed Fixture Manufacturer through production process
- Work together with Store Development Project Manager for Store Project executions
- Issue all necessary concept documentation
- Send out Samples and Material Package
- Together with manufacturer review all fixture drawings
- Factory visit and factory assessments when required
Sampling & production
- Assess and sign off (always in conjunction with Concept ) or feedback on locally produced samples
- Assess, sign off or feedback on locally produced proto types
- Assess and sign off on local production and manufacturing process per fixture factory
- Assess and sign off mock up
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant working experience
- Approx. 4-7 years relevant experience in Shop fitting, Industrial Design, Architecture, general Construction & Design
- Retail experience and local market knowledge would be a plus
- Strong communication skills: manage internal & external stakeholders from different backgrounds & levels; English is a must, additionally French and/or Arabic would be an advantage)
- Strongly entrepreneurial: proactive, pragmatic, problem solving skills (forward thinking)
- Attention to detail; manage budgets & complex planning (reports)
- Strong & firm networker: working in a matrix organization, whilst managing an external network of partners & vendors
- Strong commercial sense & brand awareness; nuanced in thinking & decision making
- Flexibility to travel internationally: up to 50% (this is a fulltime position)
Deep knowledge of
- fixture design & materialization
- production processes of furniture
- project management
- store and SIS development processes experience