About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets (Middle East, Africa, South East Europe) and in the Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
The Field Visual Merchandiser MEA+ will be responsible to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the markets of competence. You will focus on supporting the franchise partners with ordering VM necessities, store openings, seasonal changes, trainings, special guidelines designed on the market’s needs. You will become an expert for your market, where you translate the global vision keeping in mind local requirements and needs. In order to achieve this, you closely work with all the MEA+NL departments such as: Retail, Sales, franchise partners, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations and Marketing. You report directly to the Manager Tommy Hilfiger MEA+.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Liaise with MEA+ office and VM franchise partners to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy and brand standards
- Build strong relationship with local VM managers/coordinators, providing feedback on VM standards through picture reports and visits and identify opportunities for further training and understand local needs
- Developed and lead VM training sessions, presentation and workshops
- Create special VM guidelines to support the franchise VM teams with local implementation, using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Prepare for and install window displays following window guidelines and utilizing support from local VM and Store teams. Ensure that windows are implemented to the highest standard and use own initiative to overcome any issues that arise.
- Support store openings, by creating merchandise plans, placing orders and VM support
- Administrative tasks - Including ordering window material, SALE POS, and VM guidelines
- Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence
- Market launch, VM meetings and workshops are mandatory to attend
- A completed degree level or equivalent, ideally in design, marketing or fashion
- Approx. of 4 years’ experience in Visual Merchandising role (Franchising, department, store environment)
- Microsoft office literate including Excel plus
- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign basic skills are required
- Flexibility to travel within MEA+ Regions when needed
- Strong communication skills: internal and external relationships, presenting, negotiating, stakeholder management, coordinate and be a team player
- Understanding of KPI’s and sales numbers
- Knowledge of store floor-plans and project management skills
- Energetic attitude: self-starter and inquisitive
- Proactive and forward thinking, innovation driven
- Analytical and critical thinking: problem solving (out of the box)
- Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task: understand the sense of urgency
- Capable of delivering on deadlines (with ambiguity)
- Business fluent in English language (written & spoken)
- Flexibility in working hours (and travel time when needed)