About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The TH marketing & communications department sets strategy and gives direction to and services the business of its ‘clients’: the Product Divisions, The Countries, The Departments, The Licensing Partners and Management. It is the point of conjunction between the needs of the different clients, the brand DNA and the final consumer.
Our core competence can be summarized as follows: Brand management, Worldwide Advertising Campaigns, Media Management, Promotions, POS & Sales Material, Internet Development, Line Openings, Trade and Co-op Advertising, In-Store marketing, Sponsorships, Events, Press office activities and Testimonial/Celebrities Management.
The Product Marketing Team is the Strategic brand marketing function within the global marketing & communications team and provides the strategy to communicate the Tommy Hilfiger business in a consistent and focused manner, keeping the brand essence as point of reference and fitting Divisional (Business Unit) & Brand objectives.
This position will use a full 360 degree approach to initiate strategic projects to be executed by the central marketing department members, and ensuring all the ingredients of the programs are developed in respect of deadlines and budgets.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- The goal is to bring the Tommy Hilfiger brand image to the next level while understanding the competitive environment and ensuring that our product is elevated and preferred choice of the consumer. The position is responsible for the development of dedicated marketing communications & product support programs and the fulfillment from beginning to end in a fully effective & efficient manner. This function will also manage a direct report(s)
- A thorough understanding of the brand positioning and competitive environment is required in order to develop unique and innovative marketing communications plans.
- Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Manager will be the primary point person for their specific projects and Business Unit Divisions and will act in a leading & consulting role to the stakeholders in product (Business Unit) divisions and all stakeholders across the business. They will also have daily communication with marketing specialist teams including Digital, Social, PR, Events, Sales Activations and Advertising as well as the internal agency team that produce Tommy Hilfiger content and visuals.
- They will identify the scope of each project working with their specialist counterparts for scheduling delivery deadlines and owns overall responsible for on time delivery.
- Development of 360 integrated campaign strategy for a specific Division (Business Unit)
- Set up and management of Task Force teams for integrated campaigns, driving weekly meetings to align all functions on progress, needs, budget and timelines.
- Collating post-campaign evaluations alongside function specialists to assess the r.o.i. of programs and providing the business with clear visibility of results.
- Manage development of sell-in & sales support tools.
- In time distribution of all sales support materials.
- Calendar and budget management of all your projects.
- Establishing professional relationships with product Divisions in order to provide service and fully understand business needs.
- General support of the Product Marketing Director on Divisional programs and team development.
- Management and development coaching of direct reports
- Maintaining quality, efficiency and consistency in marketing communication and all output, in line with the brand positioning.
- Provide weekly updates on the development of ongoing projects & deliverables.
- University degree or similar in marketing , communications or business studies or significant equivalent work experience in a relevant industry (apparel, sportswear, fashion, consumer lifestyle goods)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience ideally in apparelt/footwear/fashion/lifestyle organization
- Pro-active with excellent communication skills inc. fluent in written and spoken English
- International mindset with a good head for strategy and flawless execution of campaigns, concepts and projects
- Strong project management and organization skills, deadline, fact & quality focused, proven experience of delivering successful projects
- Collaborative; able to liaise closely across different levels of the organization
- People Oriented - Team player
- Open minded, resourceful and capable of thriving in a corporate ‘matrix’ environment, adaptable and fast moving.
- Fashion experience and/or strong interest in fashion, design and popular culture
- Highly energetic, inquisitive and detail oriented
- Capable to multitask in a fast paced and best-in-industry environment