About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
What does your team do within PVH?
As part of the PVH Menswear division, the Tailored team plays a pivotal function between the Wholesale and Retail channels, and Design and Product Development.
The Merchandising team manages collection KPI's by setting margin targets and creating range plans each season. They work closely with Design and Product Development in building appropriate collections true to our brand and in tune with market developments and latest trends.
The Merchandiser will report to the Merchandise Manager.
As we continue to build one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, we are excited to discover new talent with incredible ideas who aren’t afraid to break conventions.
A day in the life of a Merchandiser:
- Effectively coordinate all the Merchandisers day-to-day activities, ensuring we have the perfect Range Plan, and all product related information is communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
- To ensure consistent revenue, you will evolve and manage merchandising plans based on key brand stories and sales analysis.
- Work closely with the Merchandising Manager to regularly present to various internal teams.
- With our end-consumer front of mind, you will collaborate closely with Sales, Retail and Business Analysts to gather and interpret qualitative and quantitative shop floor feedback to inform range planning.
- Maintain ongoing lines of communication with the Design and Production teams to stay up-to-date with, and follow up on, the development of each collection.
The best person for the job:
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience (merchandising, product development etc.) Your love for fashion is reflected in your deep knowledge of the industry, commercial mindset, and curiosity for discovering latest consumer habits, developments in the retail landscape, and competitor news.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, delivering quality results for multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- You have a natural talent in assorting volume-driven product that delivers on our mission to create compelling store experiences while staying true to our key brand messages.
- You have advanced skills in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Most importantly, you are an entrepreneurial thinker, always embracing change and innovative new ways to reach our targets.
What you can expect from us:
- A full relocation package and help with finding your feet before and during your move to the Netherlands.
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and competitive pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- You can get involved with TommyCares programs throughout the year.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages [an entrepreneurial mindset, etc. – insert ‘Ways of Working’ that most suit each role.