About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Design Manager Woven in the Tommy Jeans Girls design team is responsible for designing and executing all woven categories; Outerwear, Shirts, Pants, and Woven Dresses except denim bottoms. The design manager has a strong understanding of the product categories he/she is responsible for and works closely with the developer handling those same categories. The Key objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the division. He/she will be reporting directly to the Senior Design Director Tommy Jeans Girls and managing a team of 3 – 4 individuals.
- Be the ambassador and spokesperson when presenting to Creative Director and Senior Management.
- Formulate and share initial design concepts/big ideas pertinent to woven product category, to influence the conception of the design brief.
- Managing the design process to align all concept boards prior to presentations.
- Responsible for leading and executing the design of the outerwear collection as well as overseeing other product categories.
- Partnering with Senior Design Director for fabric research, fabric selection process as well as the management of the fabric archive and seasonal fabrics. This will include travel to trade shows.
- Researching key trends that work into the Tommy Jeans brand strategy, translating these into the collection in collaboration with the team and the Senior Design Director.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar and being organized to meet deadlines set by the division to execute the collection.
- Overseeing the preparation of all categories garment worksheets including your own (Outerwear) and style overviews for divisional presentations and following up of each style that has been selected for the collection.
- Designing sketches of silhouettes, design details, technical details and internal constructions for outerwear and managing the process for pants, shirts and woven dresses.
- Work closely and communicate daily on issues that arise from the development of designs selected, partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season.
- Developing a closer relationship with the USA team.
- Seasonal trip to main vendors in Asia
- Experience: at least 2-3 years’ experience managing a team of 3 people in a fashion environment (please note managing interns is not relevant for this position).
- College degree in Fashion Design.
- High professional understanding of Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
- Good understanding of constructions, materials and fabrics.
- Competences: Creative with fresh new ideas, with ability to be creative within commercial restraints.
- A strong understanding of a commercial structure and way of working as well as having a feminine hand.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail needed for branded product.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities.
- Must be confident when presenting to large groups.
- Willingness to travel and a non 9-to-5 work mentality is needed for this role.
- Previous experience working with Asian Vendors.
PVH behavioral competences:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change.
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed.
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible.
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks.
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment.