About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
This is an exciting role within the Tommy Hilfiger SIS team where you will be working in conjunction with the Concept Design Team and Country Teams to oversee and input into the layout design of individual SIS sites within the parameters of the global concept guidelines. Layouts will be updated where required, and on approval you will arrange and oversee the fit-outs.
The Shop-In-Shop (SIS) team is part of the Retail Store Development Department which services the design and implementation of new SIS and refits of existing SIS across Western and Eastern Europe as well as Middle East and Africa. In this role, you will join a team of 5 Project managers, you report to the Senior SIS Manager, PVH Retail, in Amsterdam.
The role requires a high level of planning, flawless coordination, administration, budgeting and logistics. Travel will be required to the countries you are supporting. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment where on average will manage 500 SIS projects per year as a team.
1. SIS Project: Kick-off & Project Management
- Prepare initial planning, cost estimates and budget
- Collect key information facilitating the start of the design process (AutoCAD drawings and Design Brief)
- Maintain project administration
2. SIS Project: Design & Layout Development
- Design the initial layout according brand guidelines and customer requirements
- Seek approval of the layout internally and with country markets
- Validate the country comments of the layout and ensure the production and design decisions are in the best interest of PVH
3. SIS Project: Logistics & Construction
- Review all price quotations with relevant vendors including transport costs, agree delivery deadlines and organize logistics
- Raise purchase orders with relevant vendors and communicate budgets
- Prior to the shop opening ensure that all items required will be delivered on time
SIS Project: Evaluation
- Seek for structural resolutions on reoccurring process and production issues jointly with other Project Managers
- Follow up with countries on any installation “snagging” / defect
- Provide ongoing feedback on fixture requirements to the Concept team
Other Key Tasks
- Ensure projects are executed within the country budget given
- Keep all project-related data up to date in personal Project Planners
- Non SIS Project related tasks will be required; this will be highlighted by the SIS Manager
- A completed BA degree or equivalent; Interior Design / Architecture is a plus
- Approx. 2 years experience in managing projects in (retail) related fields
- Excellent Planning and Time Management skills in combination with flexibility
- Strong communication skills: communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various countries, stakeholder mngt, negotiation
- Independent worker, able to take own decisions and manage complete projects without or with little supervision, whilst being a strong team player
- Open-minded and problem solving mind set
- Analytical thinking; cost and commercial awareness
- Advanced working knowledge in AutoCAD (Revit is an extra asset)
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up / Adobe or Creative Suite Skills is a plus
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
- Good in Excel Skills
- Business fluency in English (written & spoken)
- Flexibility to travel: 1x per month