About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Trim developer is responsible for the trim development from idea (created by design) until final product. The trim article is developed within the nominated supplier matrix, aligning with the brand’s aesthetic, quality and corporate responsibility standards. The key objective in this role is to manage this development process and the cross-function collaboration with design and production.
- Manage the development timeline up to sample delivery
- Sourcing new trims/finishes/shapes from trade shows, supplier visits, market research and concept design briefings
- Advising design on these new developments
- Developing new trims from technical drawing/ original sample inspiration, created by design team
- Commenting/advising suppliers on development
- Salesman Sample forecasts
- Bulk forecasts
- Trim price negotiation
- Delivery & Minimum negotiation
- Track & chase suppliers for sample delivery info
- Manage seasonal trim files and keep physical trim library up to date
- Manage the updates of the digital trim library in the PLM system, share out updates to relevant parties
- Provide QA department overview bulk approved trims that need to be tested at 3 party lab. Follow up with supplier to solve in non-compliant cases
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- PLM Centric: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information
- Microsoft office
- Adobe Illustrator or InDesign a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to drive conversations with: Vendors, Buying offices, Design and Development/Production
- Education: higher textile education (Mr. Koetsier, Fashion and textile technology, TMO or similar)
- Minimum 4-6 year working experience in development/sourcing/production
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines
- Understanding of denim production a plus
- Fluent in English
- Living in the Netherlands
- Possesses a work permit for the European Community
- Full-time employment