About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Calvin Klein O&O EU Retail is based in Amsterdam and is the service provider hub between the buying countries and the creating divisions. We support the creation and buying of product within the Calvin Klein global vision with retail strategy in the complete development and buying process.
This Retail Team Structure Consists Of The Following Teams:
- Merchandising – Responsible for creating and implementation a successful product merchandising strategy that meets the territory specific product requirements and servicing every internal partner during this process
- Planning – Responsible for creating and implementing successful planning strategy across the European region, be the gatekeeper of internal performance and spend
This merchandiser role is within the Calvin Klein O&O retail team and is the service partner between our O&O retail countries and the creating divisions, to ensure clear brand vision in all our O&O stores and concessions. The position reports directly into the Calvin Klein Retail Merchandising Director and supports her in servicing the internal departments in the best possible way. The divisions that are handled are CK Jeans, CK Menswear, CK Womenswear, CK Accessories, to create the overall perfect Calvin Klein lifestyle.
- Create divisional seasonal strategies for O&O retail together with the markets
- Work together with VM to adhere inspirational retail spaces
- Hold and plan Validation meetings to narrow one the divisional collection for O&O retail together with the countries. Support the countries in there buys and protect the Calvin Klein vision
- Drive cross-departmental execution between Divisions, Countries, VM, Ecom, Storedevelopment, etc
- Partner with Planning on pre-market buying commitments meetings
- Conduct research related to product, competitors, market and consumer trends
- Reports directly into the Calvin Klein Retail Merchandise Director
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills
- Excellent English communication written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Brand ambassador / passionate about the product
- Team player, global mindset, strong interest in fashion and market trends
- Excellent Computer skills including (advanced) Excel, Power Point and affinity with SAP
- Living in the surroundings of Amsterdam or willing to relocate to the Netherlands
- Able to travel abroad for work
- Work in the amazing PVH campus, with all its benefits and atmosphere! Exercise when you want to, have healthy homemade lunches or diners