About the Company
We are a company transformed, focusing on global growth and brand building. Since our beginning in 1881, we have become a world leading lifestyle Apparel Company with over US$8 billion in estimated 2013 revenues. Through a combination of strategic acquisitions and successful partnerships with our brands, we have been able to globally expand across the wholesale, retail, e-commerce and licensing channels throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
PVH EuropePVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
What does your team do within PVH?
PVH Europe Retail is responsible for the Merchandise Planning and Buying for all owned and operated Full price stores and Concessions across Europe.
In close cooperation with the Product Divisions, Operations, Marketing and Store design, this department leads the Merchandise planning & Buying process and organizes an efficient communication from headquarter to the countries.
A day in the life of a Merchandise Planner
Based in Amsterdam, the Merchandise Planner manages and monitors the pre-season and in-season processes, visits and challenges the Markets and works closely with Buying to prepare a coherent and commercially successful product assortment. The Merchandise Planner will report to the Merchandise Planning Director.In this role, you will drive the Merchandise Planning in Retail for your specific departments, drive innovation in Merchandise processes together with the rest of the team to increase efficiency and effectiveness. In addition you will:
- Divisional planning (pre-season planning, KPI monitoring, in season management)
- Forecast sales, stock, markdown and margins (WSSI)
- Set up and maintain Store clustering
- Analyze performance on Country, Store and SKU level
- Control warehouse and store inventory levels
- Monitor and forecast NOOS (Never out of stock)
- Creates and manages Buy plans pre-season and analyze actual buys
- Challenge Markets in Merchandise Planning Meetings on their budget
The best person for the job
- A completed Business degree
- Approximately 2 - 4 years' Retail relevant experience in Merchandise Planning, Merchandising or Allocation
- Strong intercultural communication skills: capable to advise and pursue the markets with a flexible approach
- Strong commercial and analytical skills - effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize a demanding, workload and time manage effectively
- PC literate with working knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets, formulas, pivots etc.
What you can expect from us
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and competitive pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.
- A talented cross-functional team that is supportive, cooperative and fun;
- Supporting you and setting you up for success.
- A unique environment for you to gain experience at the frontier of the company combining the best of corporate and startup environments
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role – and the support needed to get there
- Continuous training and coaching possibilities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.