About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Controlling Division is part of the Finance Department and supports the organization in reaching their targets. We are actively involved in setting up budgets, long term targets and re-forecasting with all involved parties. We are reporting on the current performance against these plans and indicate the impact on the future performance. The company is structured in a matrix organization which we mirrored in the controlling team. Our teams are structured around our customers: the markets, the retail and eCommerce team, the divisions and the departments. The controlling team is using a wide range of tools to support these analysis, forecasts and strategic activities.
The general PVH Controlling objectives can be explained as follows:
- Support the organization to achieve its targets
- Controlling team mirrors the organizational setup. Stakeholder focus: departments, divisions and markets
- Controlling is responsible for understanding the past, current and future numbers
- Total market approach (channel neutral and complete picture)
- Responsibility and ownership of reported numbers to make the closure and reporting a smooth process
In the PVH Market Controlling team the objectives are
- Support markets in providing clear, efficient and timely information
- Challenge the local finance team by analyzing their market, benchmarking and setting up best practices
- Report the performance against the set targets to management
- Be the first point of contact for local finance teams
The successful candidate will be working for an international and fast growing organization where he/she will be supporting the Sr. Manager Controlling in the following PVH Market Controlling activities:
- Prepare/review monthly forecasts & yearly budgets for the assigned markets
- Analyze full P&L performance against forecast/budgets and targets
- Control Capex and selected Balance sheet accounts for the assigned markets
- Support country controlling teams with their regular and ad-hoc questions
- Support management with preparation of both structured and ad-hoc reports
- Support month end closing activities for the markets
- Support monthly management presentation preparation
- Work on projects to enhance & further develop forecasting and budgeting process
- Minimum of 1-2 years of working experience in an international environment
- University degree (Finance/Economics/Business)
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, Attention to detail
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Pro-active and open/able to take own initiatives
- Priority setting and time management skills
- Ambitious, highly motivated and flexible