About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets (Middle East, Africa, South East Europe) and in The Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Work with VM Manager SIS and WHL and the SIS team to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger stores across SIS and WHL business.
- Liaison with MEA+NL office on all matters concerning in-store VM to ensure that brand standards are maintained.
- Develop and roll out new and different strategies and trainings in order to achieve high VM results in all the business channels.
- Build strong relationship with Partners and store staff, in order to achieve high VM standards and identify opportunities for further training, understand the local needs and provide meaningful feedback.
- Understanding layout of the store, prepare opening packs and orders for VM tools and materials.
- Competitor/market analysis, special project on the needs.
- Assist with seasonal showroom set-up when required.
- Administrative tasks - Including ordering window material, in-store POS, and VM guidelines with the support of the SIS team.
- Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence, maximize store sales through a strong level of customer service, business and key metric analysis, and utilization of store resources.
- Market Launch presentations, VM meetings and workshops are mandatory to attend.
The Visual merchandising Coordinator SIS and WHL reports into the VM Manager SIS and WHL for the Netherlands.
- VM Manager SIS and WHL NL
- Head of Visual Merchandising MEA+NL
- VM MEA+NL team
- Project Manager HQ
- Sales Director
- Sales Managers NL
- Retail Director
- Retail Management
- Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger Visual Merchandising Central Team
- Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger Marketing Team NL
- Retail Operation Managers, Retail Managers and Area Managers
- Store managers and store teams
- Vendors and technical teams
- Wholesale partners
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
Essential skills & attributes:
- Strong planning, organization skills and ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Experience of working with store floor-plans
- Strong communication skills, in order to communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various partners
- Understanding of the KPI’s and sales numbers is mandatory
- Enthusiastic attitude and be a ‘hands-on’ self-starter
- Pro Active thinking / planning
- Analytical thinking and intelligent negotiation skills
- Stress resistant
- Team player
- Critical thinking
- No 9:00 to 18:00 work mentality, has to be flexible in working hours and travel time
- Able to travel within the Netherlands
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree level or equivalent, ideally in design, marketing or fashion
- Solid experience in field visual merchandising at least 3 years, including window displays, signs, interior displays and space utilization, ideally in the fashion industry
- Fluent in English language (written & spoken), dutch language knowledge is mandatory
- The ideal candidate has experienced to work in another country (except the country of origin)
- Microsoft office literate, including excel
- Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign skills required
- 3D software and video making is a plus