About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Tommy Hilfiger Menswear is a global business comprised of the Sportswear, Tailored & Hilfiger Edition collections. The product is designed, sourced and produced through our Amsterdam Headquarters and is distributed in all Tommy Hilfiger retail and ecommerce channels globally, as well as Tier 1 and 2 department and specialty stores in all regions.
Tommy Hilfiger Menswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the Menswear team is split into 5 teams: Design, Merchandise, Product Development, Supply Chain and Business Operations.
Tommy Hilfiger Men’s sportswear presents 4 times per year. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Sportswear is recognizable as being Classic, American and Cool with its own twist.
As a Collaboration Designer working in the Menswear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the special projects we have running on our division. These can be Collaborations with other Brands or a Person (example: Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes Benz, Rossignol) You will work closely with developers, merchandisers and the Design Director for the planning & development of each season or capsule collection. You will work in a small team and will be responsible for designing multi categories.
- Researching trends and conducting market research that can be worked into the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear brand strategy and connecting to the specific Special Project.
- Translating research and trends into a commercial TH menswear collection and valid for the specific project wishes.
- Following critical path to design the collaboration capsules.
- Follow the range plan set by the merchandisers to build the specific range or collections.
- Preparing all inspirational presentation decks for the special collaboration projects (Photoshop), Overviews and presentation boards.
- Preparing selected & confirmed styles into computerized design technical packs. These must be completed to a high standard for sending to PD/ buying offices/vendors globally.
- Follow up on styles & selected fabrics each season in collaboration with product developer and communicating this to our buying offices/vendors & retail needs.
- Working closely and communicating daily on issues/changes that arise from the development of selected outerwear and leather designs.
- You will partner with product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style.
- Working closely with Technical department for the executing of garment fittings.
- Attend fittings to help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process.
- Continuous development of new fabrics.
- Presenting designs to merchandising team & management.
- Working to the divisional calendar to meet deadlines.
- Making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Degree at bachelor level – in Fashion design Men’s.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in (a) leading Men’s brand(s).
- Very commercial mentality with consumer insights.
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and pattern making.
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of fabric.
- An extensive knowledge on ‘new’ technical developments thru out the different categories.
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawing skills.
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection.
- A Strong understanding of a commercial structure and ways of working.
- Capable of working in a hectic and always changing environment.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities.
- Must be confident when presenting to large groups.
- Previous experience working with Asian Vendors.
- Good understanding of the trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment.
Please Apply with an up-to-date portfolio. Must include hand sketches and illustrator sketches.