About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
PVH Heritage brands is looking a pro-active and hands-on Junior Merchandiser who wants to be part of the exciting launch of IZOD in Europe!
A day in the life of a Junior Merchandiser:
- Support on product development for IZOD (i.e. outerwear,denim, accessories).
- Set-up and maintain styles in the line list.
- Coordination of the digital assets, contact with studio and maintaining the DAM portal/ digital showroom.
- Responsible for the seasonal sample inbound files and tracking.
- Prepare bestseller overviews for meetings.
- Assist on Train the Trainer and Market launch preparations.
- Coordination of all photo shoot samples, working with sales, vendors and Sample Distribution Centre.
This role reports into the Merchandise and Development Manager and will have a focus on the IZOD brand.
What does your team do within PVH?
PVH Heritage brands is responsible for the IZOD brand within Europe as well as they run the Michael Kors license for Shirts, Ties and Suits (“Dress furnishings”).
Besides this they do the product development (shirts and ties) for the Calvin Klein Menswear Label.
The Heritage Brands team consist of Product Merchandising, Product Development, Merchandise Operations and Commercial/Sales.
The best person for the job:
- A completed Business degree.
- 1 to 2 years’ work experience.
- (Fluent) English both spoken and written.
- Good knowledge Microsoft office.
- A merchandiser with knowledge or interest in product development and is eager to be at the start of the Heritage Brands launch in Europe and not afraid to embrace this start-up phase.
What you can expect from us:
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and competitive pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.
- A talented cross-functional team that is supportive, cooperative and fun;
- Supporting you and setting you up for success.
- A unique environment for you to gain experience at the frontier of the company combining the best of corporate and startup environments.
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role – and the support needed to get there.
- Continuous training and coaching possibilities.