About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The product developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by design) until final product. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product that is production feasible and hitting margin targets.
- Reports to PD Manager
- Advises design regarding technical possibilities and limitations.
- Works losely with the tech team, buying offices, factories and laundries to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples, size sets and PA samples.
- Responsible for tracking all proto and fit samples for each season of the collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Approves labdips, comments on samples on details and workmanship.
- Communicates all changes on styles to the buying offices.
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (Excel, PLM, etc).
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality
- Starts up price negotiations.
Tools in order to full-fill the above
- Centric PLM: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information.
- Communication with: Buying offices, design, merchandising and buying & planning
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, De Maere, TMO, MTS Mode & Kleding or similar).
- Minimal 2 years working experience in development/sourcing/production
- Experience in Children’s Apparel is preferred
- Team player, used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- All round knowledge on all product groups with a strong focus on circular knits
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, yarns and knitting techniques
- Fluent in English.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.