About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Senior Technical Developer will be responsible for the casual woven category within Tommy Hilfiger sportswear – Womenswear division.
The STD must ensure a consistent fit throughout the structured and casual woven aspect of the collection, work with established fit targets; monitor and elevate the quality of the product and constantly evaluate and improve the fit of garment.
Key activities include the set-up of specs from initial design sketches, fitting through all stages of style development from prototype to bulk production. Lead and develop block fit improvements and management block library.
Throughout the development process the tech is responsible for ensuring comments and specs are clear, supporting the vendor / factory / buying office when necessary. Must be well organized, able to work to tight deadlines and be a clear and succinct communicator.
- Must be accurate, skilled and knowledgeable within technical development of tailored and casual woven.
- Driving seasonal block refresh amendments and managing the updates across supply base.
- Responsible for creating and controlling sample specs from initial concept sketch to bulk production
- Control and maintain a consistent fit from initial styles through to bulk production sign off
- In-depth understanding of grading to ensure fit consistency of styles for bulk production
- Communicate and work closely with designer and product developer to interpret sketches & styling, collection overview and achieve shared deadlines and margins.
- Working closely with Merchandising to understand the market needs and how best to interpret and implement these requested within the collection.
- Working with integrated Asian regional office and direct vendors
- Work in PLM system to develop product
- Flexible in travel, Far East approx. 1 to 2 times per year and Europe 3 times per year minimum.
- Must be able to manage the category to key scheduled dates and deadlines
- Strong team player
- Manage the technical & professional development of junior team members within the knit category
- Reporting to the Technical Development Manager
- Work closely with the TD team, designers, product developers and merchandisers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical development of Jersey/ Knit product –Womenswear
- An understanding of basic pattern making – a knowledge of Gerber system is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Full time position only