About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The General Merchandising and Product Management department covers Strategy Planning, General Merchandising, Calendar Management and Agile Project Management to support long term company growth.
The Strategy Director is a key role within the organization, reporting to the Senior VP of General Merchandising and Product Management, and supporting the Tommy Hilfiger product leadership to drive growth through long term strategies. The Strategy Director will craft and lead a 3-year strategic plan addressing market, product and consumer needs. In addition, the Strategy Director will:
- Create and monitor ROI metrics around product creation
- Articulate and translate brand strategies into product, divisional and product concepts, all in-line with the company vision
- Drive key product strategic initiatives to capture market share, in collaboration with product divisions and markets in all regions
- Translate key consumer insights and consumer profiles to relevant actionable product and divisional strategies (consumer segmentation and profiling / brand relevance / channel presence)
- Communicate key strategic initiatives throughout the business divisions and monitor implementation
- Articulate the divisional and product 3-year strategy and budget through frameworks / templates
The ideal candidate will possess strategic organizational transformation skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment. He or she must be comfortable working in a challenging, sometimes ambiguous environment, that requires the ability to influence without direct authority. Problem solving, meeting facilitation, effective communication and quality control are essential elements of this role.
- University degree from a leading business/technical school/university; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 years’ experience in strategic planning
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational company or multi-national consulting firm is an advantage
Is this the perfect role for you? Please tell us why by including a motivational letter with your application!