About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The trim developer supports the division, vendors and suppliers of Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein with all strategic sourcing, vendor management and quality assurance activities.
In addition to the task linked to the department houses, the Trim team which works with all product divisions meet regularly to achieve leverage and synergies.
Within PVH Europe, the trim team in the division works closely with the following departments: Brand Marketing, Business Process Development, Corporate Responsibility, and Central Operations. In addition, there is alignment with the Sourcing departments of TH North America and PVH Corp, both situated in New York.
Main external communication is with direct suppliers and counterparts in Hong-Kong.
The trim developer will report into the Trim Divisional Manager. The Trim developer is responsible for the trim development from idea until final product. The trim article is developed within the nominated supplier matrix, aligning with the brand’s aesthetic, quality and corporate responsibility standards.
The main responsibilities are:
Branded trims for Underwear division Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein:
- Responsible to develop all branded trims for the division (packaging, elastic waistband, labels, heat transfer, metal hardware…)
- Set-up a reliable, strategic supplier base
- Visit fairs and suppliers to provide innovation and seasonal relevant products
- Develop new packaging from technical drawing/ original sample inspiration and provide technical input
- Negotiate it to the required look, quality, price, minimum, production location and lead-time
- Provide salesman samples forecast to suppliers
- Track & chase suppliers for sample delivery info
- Manage seasonal digital and physical trim library
- Liaise with global counterparts to achieve best in class product, share innovation & supplier info
- Drive PVH Quality requirements specific to your package
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- Microsoft office
- Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to drive conversations with: Vendors, Buying offices, Design and Development/Production
- Training will be provided for PLM Centric: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information
- Education: Mid/Higher Fashion Education : AMFI/ TMO, Grafisch lyceum
- Minimum 2-4 years working experience in development/sourcing/production
- Fluent in English
- Living in the Netherlands
- Possesses a work permit for the European Community
- Full-time employment